If you’re in the market for a cheap exercise bike in 2021 then you’ve come to the right place. We’re going to take you through our five favourite budget exercise bikes. Then, we’re going to teach you how to choose the right one for you. By the time you come out the other end of this piece, you will know exactly what you’re after, even if it’s not one of the bikes on our list.
Table of Contents
- In a hurry? Here are the Best Cheap Exercise Bikes in 2021
- 1. XS Sports Aerobic Indoor Training Exercise Bike
- 2. JLL JF100 Home Exercise Bike
- 3. Klarfit Azura Comfort
- 4. Ultrasport F-Bike
- 5. MagneTrainer ER:
- How to Choose the Best Exercise Bike for You
- What Types of Exercise Bikes Can You Buy?
- What Are Your Goals and Needs?
- What Additional Features Are Available For Cheap Exercise Bikes?
- Cheap Exercise Bikes Frequently Asked Questions
- That’s a Wrap!
In a hurry? Here are the Best Cheap Exercise Bikes in 2021
Without further ado, let’s take a look at some of the best cheap exercise bikes in 2021!
1. XS Sports Aerobic Indoor Training Exercise Bike
First up on our list is the XS Sports Aerobic is a premium-quality exercise bike designed to give you a high intensity workout. The indoor exercise bike features a 15kg flywheel and is suitable for all ages and fitness levels, including athletes.
- Heavy-duty Design. From its 15kg flywheel to its premium build quality, the XS Sports Aerobic is strong, safe, comfortable and provides high intensity workouts.
- Completely Adjustable. Setup all parts of the Aerobic to completely suit you, including handlebars, seat and pedals.
- Digital Display. Keep track of your heart rate, workout time, speed, distance covered and calories burned thanks to the integrated LCD screen and pulse monitors.
With the XS Sports Aerobic, you can completely adjust the exercise bike to suit your personal needs. The 15lbs flywheel helps you achieve an intense and smooth cardio workout. Meanwhile, the multi-function LCD display keeps track of all your progress.
Though the Aerobic weighs approximately 40 kg, the indoor exercise bike is easy to manoeuvre around your workout area. Transportation wheels allow you to tilt and roll the bike, without having to apply strength and strain your muscles.
The steel frame of the Pooboo exercise bike is able to support up to 275lbs (125kg). Other components, such as the heavy-duty flywheel, strapped pedals and durable handlebars provide a safe and stable workout experience.
- Safe and stable.
- Provides an intense workout.
- High-quality design.
- Quite heavy at 40kgs
Overall, the XS Sports Aerobic presents phenomenal value, especially given its build quality. As far as cheap exercise bikes go, the Aerobic just falls into the category. Though, the quality of this bike justifies the price in any case.
2. JLL JF100 Home Exercise Bike
The JF100 is an upright bike that aims to help you improve your fitness. With more resistance levels than any other exercise bike on our list, the JF100 is designed with versatility in mind. This indoor exercise is suitable for users off all ages and fitness levels.
- 10-Level Magnetic Resistance. Increase or reduce the intensity of your workout with a wide range of available tension settings.
- 3-Piece Crank System. The JF100 replicates the system used by an outdoor bike, simulating a real riding experience as much as possible.
- 360-degree Handlebars. Achieve a comfortable workout by screwing and unscrewing a strong steel bolt and adjusting the handlebars to suit your needs.
- Pulse Sensors and Digital Display. Keep track of your progress and maintain complete control over your workout.
With the JF100, you can improve your fitness levels through completely adjustable magnetic resistance as well as a 3-piece crank system. By turning the tension dial, you can increase or decrease the intensity of your workout to tone muscles or lose weight. Meanwhile, the crank system replicates the feeling you get when using an outdoor bike.
The upright exercise bike has been built with affordability, compactness and a smooth pedalling experience in mind. Though the exercise bike doesn’t fold, it takes up a small footprint and can be easily transported. The bike is also quiet and smooth throughout all resistance levels.
Finally, the bike includes an LCD monitor that provides easy-to-read statistics about your workout. You can keep track of your heart rate, distance covered, speed and calories burned.
- Not best suited to taller people
If you require an upright exercise bike that’s adjustable from top to bottom then don’t look past the JF100. This cheap exercise bike is capable of providing you with the workout you need at an affordable price.
3. Klarfit Azura Comfort
If you require support during your workout then the Klarfit is designed with you in mind. You can achieve a long-lasting pain-free workout thanks to the Azura’s padded seating and backrest, non-slip pedals, and four-step adjustable saddle.
- Completely adjustable. Setup the seating to suit your height and adjust the resistance settings to achieve a heavier or lighter workout.
- Sturdy Design. The build quality of the Klarfit means it doesn’t feel flimsy and remains stable even at higher tension settings.
- Track your Performance. Sensors located in the handlebars monitor your pulse rate, while an integrated LCD provides information about your workout.
With the Klarfit, you can workout in comfort thanks to its completely adjustable setup. In addition, the adjustable resistance allows you manually set your workout to suit your goals. Meanwhile, a 3kg flywheel helps you achieve a stable and quiet workout at higher intensity levels.
Inbuilt sensors and an integrated LCD display help you keep complete track of your workout. Located along the handlebars, sensors monitor your pulse, while the digital display provides information about your workout in an easy-to-read format.
The Klarfit Azura Comfort has a sturdy design and is able to support up to approximately 220lbs. With the help of rubberised pads along the bottom of the exercise bike, the exercise bike also won’t damage your floor.
- Fully customisable
- Digital technology integration
- Sturdy design
- The Klarfit has a moderate footprint
The completely adjustable and supportive design of the Klarfit provide you with the comfort you need during your workout. You can exercise for extended periods of time, pain-free. In addition, the adjustable resistance levels make this bike particularly suitable to those in need of a light workout.
4. Ultrasport F-Bike
An Amazon Choice product, the Ultrasport is a high-quality cheap exercise bike designed with fitness and cardio training in mind. With over 8 resistance levels, the F-Bike will provide you with an intense workout and also help with weight loss. The bike is also foldable, meaning you can put it away in your closet when you finish your workout.
- Sturdy and Compact Design. The F-Bike can support up to 100kg (220 lbs) and will fold to almost half its size.
- Multiple resistance levels. With 8 pedal intensity settings, the Ultrasport is fully capable of giving you a challenging workout.
- LCD Display. The integrated display technology keeps track of your progress and presents it in an easy-to-read format.
Intense training was on Ultrasport’s mind in developing the F-Bike. By turning the tension knob, you can achieve a lighter or more intense workout. In-built sensors track your pulse, and an integrated LCD display tells you how many calories you have burned, your speed, distance covered and time spent training.
Thanks to its build quality, the F-Bike provides a stable workout environment. The exercise bike doesn’t make much noise while you work out, even at higher resistance levels. Users often praise the F-Bike’s sturdiness, especially for the price.
- Foldable and light-weight
- Additional accessories available
- Quiet, even at higher resistance levels
- Hand pulse sensors can become inaccurate as you build up sweat
Overall, the F-Bike is a great choice if you’re in the market for cheap exercise bikes. In fact, Amazon itself recommends Ultrasport’s and we therefore have no problem recommending it either.
5. MagneTrainer ER:
- Compact, lightweight professional grade arm and leg exerciser; 37cm/15...
- Patented magnetic resistance; More than twice the resistance range of...
- Ideal for home use while watching TV, on the phone or working....
Mini exercise bikes aren’t traditionally viewed as exercise bikes, though we’re including one in our list. Another Amazon’s Choice product, the MagneTrainer ER is a professional-grade mini exercise bike. If you’re a time-poor office worker then you can place the MagneTrainer under your desk and include exercise as part of your daily routine.
- Premium Design Quality. Manufactured using high-quality components, the MagneTrainer ER provides a smooth, sturdy and quiet workout.
- More than twice the resistance. The MagneTrainer ER provides 60% more resistance than other similar mini exercise bikes.
- Dual Direction Pedalling. You can target opposite muscle groups in both your arms and legs with forward and reverse motion capabilities.
- Additional Accessories Available. To further improve your experience, you can purchase ergonomic handles, quick-release bolts, as well as medical pedals.
The MagneTrainer is intended to be a legitimate substitute to upright exercise bikes. Thanks to its 60% more intense magnetic resistance system, the ER is a serious alternative. Coupled with its ability to fit under your desk, the MagneTrainer is one of our favourite cheap exercise bikes on this list.
A solid steel base provides the MagneTrainer ER with the stability it needs. Meanwhile, other high-quality components such as a 4V belt, as well as heavy-duty pulleys and flywheel enable the machine to provide you with a smooth, sturdy and quiet workout.
The ER has dual direction pedal motion, completing the range of features that make this bike a serious upright exercise bike alternative. You can also purchase additional accessories for the MagneTrainer ER separately.
- Premium quality design
- 60% more intense magnetic resistance
- Similarly priced to low-end full-size exercise bikes
Thanks to its ultra-compactness and premium design quality, the ER is one of our favourite cheap exercise bikes on this list. If you need a bike that can fit under your work desk then the MagneTrainer will accommodate to all your needs.
How to Choose the Best Exercise Bike for You
We’ve taken you through what we think are the best cheap exercise bikes in 2021. Now it’s time to help you make the right purchase decision. There are a few factors you need to consider before you buy an exercise bike, including:
- Different types of exercise bikes
- Your goals and needs
- Included features that are important to you
With all that in mind, let’s get into how you will choose the best exercise bike for you.
What Types of Exercise Bikes Can You Buy?
Traditionally, there are three different types of exercise bikes: upright bikes, spin bikes and recumbent bikes. We’d also like to add that mini exercise bikes are also a valid form of exercise bike. Let’s go through each type in more detail below:
Designed for low-impact exercising, upright bikes closely resemble real bikes. The pedals on an upright bike are located right beneath the seat. By positioning the pedals right under the seat, you not only get support but also simulate the experience of riding a real bike as much as possible.
If you want to maintain your fitness levels then an upright bike is the way to go. If you’re not convinced that an upright bike can provide you with the exercise you need, check out this article by Harvard. They agree that exercise bikes are effective for cardio workouts.
Similarly to upright bikes, recumbent exercise bikes help you get a low-impact workout. The added difference with this type of bike is that it provides back support as well. Recumbent bikes are designed with the seat in a reclined position. They also include a backrest for added support.
Choose a recumbent bike if you experience pain in your lower back, hips or knees. By leaning back into the seat, you will take the stress away from these inactive muscles.
If you’re after an intense full-body workout then choose a spin bike. Spin bikes are the next step up from an upright bike and you can sometimes find them at the gym. This type of bike will help you burn the most calories.
Spin bikes differ from classic upright bikes due to the position of the handlebars. By creating a larger distance between the handlebars and the seat, users are able to stand up and pedal more intensely.
If you want to get an idea of how a spin bike will help you lose more calories, check out this article by Men’s Health.
Mini Exercise Bikes:
As we mentioned, we consider mini exercise bikes to be part of the exercise bike category. Top-end models such as the MagneTrainer ER are a viable alternative to upright bikes due to their premium design quality and stability.
If you’re time poor and need an exercise bike that will fit under your work desk then choose a mini exercise bike. They possess all the same functionalities as the other types. Additionally, they will allow you to work during your workout. Perfect if you want to exercise from the office.
If you still don’t believe us about mini exercise bikes, see what Business Insider had to say.
What Are Your Goals and Needs?
Next, it’s time to address your goals and needs. Here are some questions that you need to ask:
- Do I want to lose weight or maintain my fitness levels?
- How often will I use my indoor exercise bike?
- Do I require support due to pain in other areas of my body?
- Do I need a bike that I can use at work?
- What’s my budget?
Once you have answered these questions then you will be one step away from choosing the right bike for you.
To recap, get an upright bike to maintain your fitness levels. Recumbent bikes will help you push through muscle and joint pain. Spin bikes will help you achieve a high-intensity workout and burn extra calories. Mini exercise bikes are perfect if you want to work out from your office.
What Additional Features Are Available For Cheap Exercise Bikes?
There are some basic features that all cheap exercise bikes should have, just like a car should have air conditioning. These include, various resistance levels, adjustable pedal straps, adjustable ride height, comfortable seating and an LCD screen with basic information.
Outside these, manufacturers will include other features to make their exercise bike stand out, including:
- Magnetic resistance
- Fully adjustable desk
- iPad or Smart Technology integration
- Upper-body resistance bands
- Supported weight limit
- Dimensions and weight
- Foldable design
Best Exercise Bike Brands
We’d like to give a shout out to some of the brands that made it on our list of the best cheap exercise bikes. Here’s why we think they’re great.
XS Sports– XS sports prides itself on providing professional quality equipment. They always have their products professionally tested and constantly state that they won’t sell products they wouldn’t use themselves.
Ultrasport – We love Ultrasports because they’re rightfully a market leader when it comes to sports products. High-quality design and amazing value.
MagneTrainer – We love MagneTrainer because they have designed two products and did it well, the MagneTrainer ER and the Desk Cycle. Each is considered one of the best products in its class.
Cheap Exercise Bikes Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve covered everything in detail above. Though, if that’s too much reading for you here are some FAQ’s that we’ll quickly answer.
What types of exercise bikes are available?
Upright, recumbent, spin and mini.
What kind of bike do I need to fulfil my goals?
Upright bike, for low-intensity workouts.
Recumbent bikes, if you require back support.
Spin bikes, for high-intensity calorie-burning workouts.
Mini exercise bike, if you want to exercise from your office or work desk.
What different types of tension are there?
Mechanical resistance, provided by a tension belt; magnetic resistance, adjusted by a tension knob; open-air flywheel, which intensifies as you pedal faster.
What basic features should an exercise bike have?
Various resistance levels, adjustable pedal straps, adjustable ride height, comfortable seating and an LCD screen with basic workout information.
What additional features are commonly available for exercise bikes?
Smart technology integration, bidirectional pedalling, upper-body resistance cables, foldable design, heavy-duty weight support.
What is the Correct Saddle Height?
It depends on your height. Though, there should be a slight bend in your knees when you sit down and place your feet on the pedals.
That’s a Wrap!
We hope we’ve helped you learn more about how to choose the best cheap exercise bikes for you. If you’re after the best cheap exercise bikes in their class then refer to our list above. To sum it all up once more, here’s why we chose each:
- XS Sports Aerobic – This bike features heavy-duty design quality and heavy-duty design, is completely adjustable and is highly recommended by Amazon users
- JLL JF100 – Wider resistance range than any other exercise bike on our list. Simulates real bike riding experience.
- Azura Comfort – Excellent lower back support and completely adjustable.
- Ultrasports F-Bike – Amazon’s #1 best seller, excellent value, wide resistance range, sturdy and compact design.
- MagneTrainer ER – Top of its class, premium design quality, compact, able to take to work.