How many times have we told ourselves, “I’m going to start exercising every day?” And how many of us have quickly broken that promise as soon as we realized that exercising wasn’t nearly as fun as we thought it would be? The problem is often trying to throw oneself headfirst into a high-intensity plan without any prior training in the hopes of achieving the desired results in the fastest time. Fortunately, the best recumbent exercise bikes are there to fix this problem.
These types of best recumbent exercise bikes are the most simple solution to easing yourself into a routine that gives you just as hard of a workout without putting too much strain or pressure on your body. Recumbent bikes are set up to have the rider sitting in a laid-back, lounge-like position for added comfort and a gentler touch for the upper body while still allowing a strong, solid, lower body workout.
Below, you’ll find in-depth reviews of the best recumbent exercisee bikes hitting the market in 2021! Cycle with us as we go through and break each one down bit by bit in order to help you find the right machine to get you up off of your feet:
Table of Contents
Best Selling Recumbent Exercise Bikes on the market 2021
|1||Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Recumbent Bike Exercise Bike, 136...||3,561 Reviews||£189.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Folding Exercise Bike with 10-Level Adjustable Magnetic...||1,064 Reviews||£169.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Indoor Recumbent Exercise Bike with Pulse, Stationary Cycling...||8 Reviews||£149.99||Buy on Amazon|
|4||JLL RE100 Recumbent Home Exercise Bike. 5kg Two-Way Flywheel with...||498 Reviews||£169.99||Buy on Amazon|
|5||HOMCOM Fitness Recumbent Bike Magnetic Resistance Exercise Bike...||17 Reviews||£169.99||Buy on Amazon|
|6||DKN RB-4i Recumbent Exercise Bike - Black||27 Reviews||£699.00||Buy on Amazon|
|7||JLL RE200 Recumbent Home Exercise Bike. 11lbs Bi-Directional...||3 Reviews||£199.99||Buy on Amazon|
Without further ado, let’s take a look at the best recumbent exercise bikes.
1. JLL RE100 Recumbent Bike
- Magnetic Resistance Allows For Smooth and Quiet restriction to the...
- With a 5kg Two-Way Flywheel That is Driven by a Belt, The RE100 is...
- Heart Rate Sensors Built into Handlebars. This Allows You To Track and...
Exercise has never felt so comfortable with the first machine up on our list. The JLL RE100 is set at a relaxed position that helps with alignment and is ideal for those with neck or back problems where bending is difficult. It’s very accommodating and makes exercise seem easy and fun!
- 5kg Flywheel: This two-way flywheel can be pedaled in either direction, providing you with a seamless but challenging workout.
- Fully Padded Seat: Workout in comfort with a fully padded seat, backrest, and armrests.
- Built-in Pulse Sensors: Easy-to-read sensors that allow you to track your heart rate throughout your workout.
- 6-Functional Monitor: Tracks time, speed, distance, calories, odometer, and pulse.
- 7 Horizontal Levels: This bike can be adjusted for a wide variety of body types and sizes.
Features and Specs
As mentioned above, exercise isn’t always easy for everyone, especially individuals who may be recovering from neck or back injuries. The JLL RE100 best recumbent exercise bikes are extremely versatile and are equipped with a backrest and seat that are so comfy, you’ll almost forget you’re exercising! As a result, fatigue stays low and endurance stays up, helping ensure that you get the most out of your workout.
The purpose of most workouts is the desire to see progress and change, and the JLL RE100 makes that easy with the large, 6-Function display monitor. It tracks not only your pulse and heart rate, but also measures your speed, distance, and calories burned for each workout. Relish in the feeling of accomplishment as you watch yourself starting to go faster and farther with each successful workout.
And finally, the JLL RE100 is easy to transport and store for those with limited space in their homes. The end caps act as wheels which allow the bike to easily roll from room to room. And, as an added bonus, at just a fraction of what most other exercise bikes cost, the RE100 is accessible and affordable.
We are loving how easy this machine is to use and put together. The quality of the product is evident as many of us have been using our bike religiously for months without any problems or issues. Also, the flywheel is relatively quiet, making it perfect to use while watching TV or listening to music.
Unfortunately, though the bike comes with a 6-function monitor, many of us had issues getting ours to properly work. Be wary that you may not always be able to view all of your stats each time you use the bike.
- Comfortable and easy to use, especially for those with upper back and neck injuries
- Study design and quiet to operate
- A fraction of the price of other machines
- The monitor doesn’t always work
For those eager to get serious about regularly exercising, the JLL RE100 is a great place to start. It’s affordable, accessible, and easy to put together. Pick one up today and see why JLL promises that “exercise has never felt so comfortable.”
2. DKN RB-4i Recumbent Exercise Bike
- Flywheel: 11kg (24lbs); 32 Levels of Digital Resistance;...
- 4 User Profiles; HR Measurement: Pulse Grip Sensors; Compatible...
- Padded and Adjustable Seat with Back Support and Hand Rests; Transport...
Next up on our list is the RB-4i from DKN. Living up to their reputation of producing high-quality, top-performing equipment, the RB-4i is no exception. This bike has a variety of adjustments in order to ensure that riders are sitting in the most comfortable position no matter their size or preference. The LCD monitor saves all your information and helps point you in the direction of a workout best suited for you.
- Comfortable: The seated, almost chair-like position puts less stress on your body
- Display and Controls: Multi-functional colour LCD screen shows your workout data as you ride
- Pre-Recorded Programs: 12 pre-programmed programs split into beginner, advanced, and performance levels
- Kinomap: Connects to Kinomap app to link you with maps from all over the world
Features and Specs
The RB-4i cycle offers a safe and comfortable ride for people of any athletic level. The seat is set to be almost chair-like, allowing you to adjust your backrest, armrests, and pedals to ensure that you have a pleasant workout without putting too much stress on your body. Additionally, each bike is made with high-grade, industrial-level materials that promise to last for a long time.
With 32 levels of resistance and 12 pre-recorded programs, the RB-4i has something for anyone. Split into beginner, advance, and performance categories, each program is designed to give you the specific workout you’re looking for while maintaining your skill level. And with an added level of resistance with each advanced program, you continue to get a strong workout the more in-shape you get.
Also, the RB-4i allows you to connect to two apps: Kinomap and Vescape. With Kinomap, you can choose from over 70,000 miles of courses from all over the world. Watch yourself ride along roads in real-time while your bike adjusts the resistance level for a realistic riding experience. Vescape makes the idea of working out into a style similar to a video game. With 80 levels of difficulty, these workouts will help you build endurance, speed, and greater cardiovascular health.
We have nothing but good things to say about our RB-4i bikes. Not only are they easy to use and adjust to our preferences easily and perfectly, but they’re also easy to set up and last a long time through many strenuous workouts. The variety of programs provided ensure that each workout is unique and keep us wildly entertained while we work to get into the best shape of our lives.
- Easily adjustable and comfortable
- Built to last
- Variety of apps and programs
- Pricier than other models
DKN promises to deliver only the best quality equipment to you, and they guarantee you won’t be disappointed in the RB-4i best recumbent exercise bikes. Though it is a bit on the pricey side, it’s worth it with its wide variety of programs and adjustments. Get the workout you need while having fun along the way!
3. XS Sports Magnetic Recumbent Bike
- STRONG; Our recumbent exercise bike is crafted from strong...
- SAFE; Our recumbent bikes undergo stringent quality inspection...
- ADVANCED; Our recumbent bike is the perfect indoor bike...
If you’re looking for a strong, safe, and comfortable recumbent bike, look no further than the XS Sports Magnetic machine. From a company that values the quality of their machines at the highest standard, the XS Sports bike has been tested again and again to ensure that it will work to your specifications and look as brand new as the day you got it.
- Adjustable: The seat and pedals can be adjusted to fit your body specifications
- Advanced Monitoring System: Measure your pulse, calories, time, speed, and distance all on one screen
- 4kg Bidirectional Flywheel: Spins forwards and backwards with 8 adjustable levels
Features and Specs
The XS Sports Magnetic bike is a solid, sturdy machine built to withstand strength and endurance. No one wants to worry about replacing exercise equipment every year or two, and with XS, that worry is a thing of the past! Not only is it fashioned from high-quality materials, but each bike is guaranteed to have gone through hundreds of hours of research and development–along with consultation from professional athletes–to ensure that it is up to the highest standards in terms of functionality.
Comfort is your priority when it comes to the XS machine, and this is achieved by the adjustable, cushioned seat that can move forwards or backwards to fit your specific needs. Additionally, the pedals come with fully adjustable straps to make sure your feet stay put during the entirety of your workout.
Along with comfort comes convenience. The advanced monitoring system that is equipped to each bike shows a variety of stats throughout the process of your workout. Track your calories burned, beat your latest distance, and monitor your pulse and heart rate all through one convenient monitor. Not only that, but the machine also provides feedback at the end of the workout to help keep you on your designated path and make sure you’re getting the most out of your training.
The XS Magnetic bike has proven to be especially beneficial to those of us suffering from knee or joint pain. The bike is seamless and the workout can be as light and easy as is comfortable for those of us with more limited mobility. Additionally, it’s incredibly easy to put together, comes with all the tools needed, and is far less expensive than some of its competitors.
However, the seat does not adjust as fully as some other recumbent bikes, and some of our larger or taller riders had a difficult time finding a comfortable position in order to exercise. This makes these best recumbent exercise bikes a poor option for some potential buyers.
- Sturdy, built-to-last
- Rigorously tested and developed
- Less expensive than similar products
- Easy to assemble
- Seat not easily adjustable for larger riders
- Recurring issues with tension cable installation
Though not as advanced as some of its competitive models, the XS Sports Magnetic Recumbent bike is great for those with limited mobility due to age, injury, or illness. Not only that, but the cheap price is definitely nothing to scoff at, and the XS lifetime guarantee will keep you smiling all throughout your workout.
4. V-Fit G-RC Recumbent Magnetic Bike
- Magnetic resistance system with friction-free 6 kg cast iron flywheel...
- Large recumbent format reach adjustable seat and backrest
- Oversized self-presenting pedals with adjustable footstraps
Established in 2002, the V-Fit brand of best recumbent exercise bikes prides themselves on making high-quality exercise equipment. The G-RC recumbent bike is no exception. It’s comfortable riding position puts less strain on the hips and knees, and its magnetic flywheel offers a variety of workout routines with a quiet and smooth operation.
- LCD Display: Easy to read and keep track of your results during your workout
- 8 Levels of Resistance: Adjust the bike to a workout that is comfortable for you whatever your skill level
- Pulse Sensors: Track your heart rate in beats per minute at any point during the workout
Features and Specs
The V-Fit G-RC magnetic cycle is designed with you and your comfort in mind. The padded, laid-back seat can adjust to a variety of reclining positions, taking the strain off of your lower joints while still providing a strong, cardiovascular workout. Additionally, the armrests are padded for extra comfort, and the pedals come with adjustable straps to ensure your feet feel secure the entire time.
In addition to being padded, the armrests also come with heart rate sensors that let you see your heart rate in beats per minute at any point during the workout. Your heart rate is displayed on the LCD screen located at the front of the bike. It displays not only your heart rate, but also your calories burned, your target time, and your distance, thus allowing you to track your workout and push yourself to be better every time.
The 8 level resistance training is also a useful tool on these best recumbent exercise bikes. Finding the ride is too easy for you? Adjust the resistance during the workout to something a little more challenging. Getting tired too easily and too quickly at the start of your workout? Just turn the resistance down to something a little easier.
These best recumbent exercise bikes have been a lifesaver for those of us who are older or suffer from injuries. The G-RC is able to provide us with a workout that makes us feel stronger and more confident without putting too much strain on the sore parts of our bodies. It’s also a quiet, seamless machine that doesn’t take up too much space and makes working out seem like a breeze.
However, putting it together did present some challenges. The instructions are well laid out and tools are provided in the packaging, but the assembly was tricky at times.
- Easily adjustable handlebars, pedals, and seat
- Resistance training to help increase your workout
- Gentle on sore joints
- Quiet and easy to transport
- Difficult to put together initially
Designed with anyone in mind, the V-fit G-RC best recumbent exercise bikes are a good fit for those who want an efficient, yet gentle workout. Try yours out today!
5. Exerpeutic 900XL Recumbent Exercise Bike
- 12 programmes including heart rate controlled option
- Polar compatible receiver for use with chest strap (extra), for pulse...
- Electronic magnetic resistance in 16 stages to keep you challenged as...
Getting into an exercise routine, especially in the beginning, can be difficult, especially if it’s been a while since you last rode a bike. Well, the Exerpeutic 900XL best recumbent exercise bikes make that easy. Its sturdy, robust frame is built to last and provides a “Step Thru” design that makes it easy to get on and off. The large backrest and seat are easily adjustable to fit riders of almost any size.
- High Weight Capacity: Can withstand up to 300 lbs
- Fully Adjustable Seat: The oversized seat cushion and backrest can fit riders up to 6’7
- 8 Level Tension System: Adjust the workout to fit your specific needs
- Quiet and Easy to Transport: Includes transportation wheels that make it easy to move and store
Features and Specs
Versatility is a very important key factor in the Exerpeutic line, and the 900XL is no exception. This machine is built to withstand up to 300 lbs of weight and is fully adjustable to fit riders well over 6 feet tall! The oversized seat and backrest are padded to provide extra comfort for every rider, no matter your size.
The 8-Level Magnetic Tension System makes it easy to adjust your workout to fit your specifications. If you’re a first-timer, try out a lower resistance to help get you into the groove. Over time, as you find yourself growing faster and stronger, gradually up the resistance to help you get the best out of your workout and continue to strengthen and tone your muscles.
The flywheel and V-belt suspension operate quietly and smoothly during your workout, making it the perfect machine to use while reading or watching TV. Flip on your favorite program, settle yourself in, and watch an hour-long workout fly by in no time!
We love how easy our 900XL bike is to use! The large seat truly makes it accessible for almost any rider and helps make getting into exercising seem easy and manageable. The tension programs are easy to adjust and help fit the workout to our exact specifications. Not to mention the fact that we love the great deal at such an affordable price!
However, good prices do sometimes come at a cost. Several of us were finding our machines breaking down after just a year of owning them. Be sure to regularly check your machine and contact customer service as soon as you notice anything not working the way it should.
- Fully adjustable
- Built for a variety of riders
- Quiet operation
- Easy to Transport
- Not the sturdiest of bikes
- Difficult to put together
The Exerpeutic 900XL is a great bike for those starting off on their exercise journey. Let it help ease you into a routine that’s comfortable for you and makes you feel great after each session without putting too much strain on your body.
6. Exerpeutic Gold 525XLR Folding Recumbent Exercise Bike
- 181 kg extended weight capacity utilizing heavy duty and high...
- 8 level magnetic tension control System. An easy to read large LCD...
- Large seat cushion and back rest for users of any size. Seat...
Our final pick for the best recumbent exercise bikes is another Exerpeutic product, but this one has a few unique spins that make it even more worth your while.
- It has a higher weight capacity. Any user up to 181kg can ride on these best recumbent exercise bikes with ease.
- The seat is easily adjustable. Anybody from 5 feet 2 inches to 6 feet 5 inches can comfortably fit on this bike.
Features and Specs
This bike uses 27% more steel throughout the bike to provide you with the best performance possible for all different types of users. Any shape or size is welcomed on this bike, as it allows for various height differences and higher weights. You’ll feel extra comfortable with the larger seat cushion and backrest that give you more space than competitors.
The Exerpeutic bike features a “semi-recumbent” design. This hosts all of the perks of a recumbent bike while still being easy to move around. It will fold to about half the size for help with storage and transportation.
One of our favourite features of these best recumbent exercise bikes are the 8 different levels of magnetic resistance. It makes it easier to enjoy each workout, as you have lots of variety to choose from. The LCD display also makes it easy for us to track our workouts, as it shows your calories burned, the time you’ve spent riding, the speed, pulse, odometer, and scanning functions.
- It’s easy to transport compared to other recumbent bikes
- It’s comfortable for all heights and weights
- There is a good amount of resistance levels
- It’s in a fancy gold design
- It’s not the most budget-friendly product out there
This gold option for the best recumbent exercise bikes is a clear standout amongst the rest if you’re going for comfort, fashion, and function.
We all know exercising every day can be difficult, and many of us are guilty of quitting when it gets too hard or tiring. But with one of the best recumbent bikes on the market, we know that those worries are a thing of the past. Get yourself started on an exercise routine that doesn’t put the stress and strain on your body while still giving you a strong and effective workout.
New Year’s resolutions may still be a long way off, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get a jumpstart on your fitness routine right now. Try out any of the best recumbent exercise bikes today and change your life!