Turbo trainers are all about helping you get a great cycling workout in from the comfort of your own home. You can attach your bike, and ride it as if you’re outdoors, despite never stepping foot outside. Smart turbo trainers focus on the same principle but take it one step further.
With a smart turbo trainer, you are able to hook up your trainer and bike to technology that will offer in-depth feedback and analysis of your workouts, as well as making it easier to set up special resistance levels. So, if you’re looking to take your workout to the next level, take a look at the best smart turbo trainers that you can buy right now. Our list covers a wide range of price options, so whether you’re looking to splurge, or stick to a budget, we’ve got you covered.
In a hurry? Choose the Best Smart Turbo Trainer in 2020
1. The Tacx Neo Smart Cycle Trainer
- Can be controlled using software developed by third parties including...
- True direct drive meaning no physical transmission
- Powerful motor delivers resistance of up to 2200 W. Simulates slopes...
This smart turbo trainer is listed for a moderate price and offers all of the features that you will be looking for in a smart trainer. With the Tacx trainer, you’ll get a smooth ride that mimics real-ground cycling. It allows for multiple levels of resistance, including slope-like descents. When you get in the zone, you’ll soon forget that you’re riding indoors.
You can use this trainer just like any regular, non-smart phone, if not hooked up to smart devices. Though, when connected, your options become limitless. The trainer can be controlled by software made by Kinomap, TrainerRoad, Bkool, and Zwift. It will also communicate with ANT+ and Bluetooth smart. Tacx apps allow performance data to sync easily, so your progress and stats are right at your fingertips. Though it is at a higher price compared to more budget-friendly trainers, the Tacx trainer is perfect for serious cyclists.
2. Tacx Satori Smart Home Bike Trainer
- Operation handlebar resistance lever
- Magnetic resistance unit
- Realistic slope 10 positions
This trainer is another Tacx product that is perfect for cyclists on a budget. For only one of the lowest prices on the market, you get a stylish 2015 model that still allows for smart software syncing. The bike comes with all of the basic bike trainer capabilities, including a magnetic resistance unit. Including 10 realistic slope positions, you’ll be breaking a sweat in no time.
This product will sync on any tablet, smartphone, PC product, or laptop with the Tacx cycling app. Your ride data will be broadcast to your smart device via Ant+ and Bluetooth connectivity. You can also sync it with popular cycling apps, like Zwift and Sufferfest.
3. Kinetic Rock and Roll Smart Bike Trainer
- Quiet, smooth, progressive resistance
- Pairs with Apple and android devices using built in bluetooth sensor
- Built-in guided workouts
This stylish green smart turbo trainer will run you a mid-price range cost. With this decent pricing, you’ll get a smooth, quiet ride with progressive resistance. It fits a wide range of wheel sizes and works on a power-based training system.
The Kinetic trainer will pair with Android and Apple devices using a built-in sensor on the trainer. The powerful inRide technology and app allows the user to follow a training program, or stick with your own methods of training. The inRide app and display is all about the freedom for each cyclist, so you’ll have a wide range of displays to choose from, and can track all of your training data under an easy-to-use workout analysis feature.
4. Tacx FLUX 2 Smart Bike Trainer
- Powerful, reliable and accurate direct drive smart trainer
- Interactive Smart trainer (ANT+ & Bluetooth)
- Measures speed, power and Cadence
This unisex Tacx trainer is great for the cyclists out there who want a powerful ride. With a max resistance of 2000 watts and a maximum incline of 16%, you can hop on a ride with this trainer knowing that you have plenty of options for your workout. The heavy flywheel on this trainer gives a wide simulation range, and a smooth ride feel.
This trainer comes with intuitive LED lights, so you’ll know when you’re powered up and connected to a Bluetooth or ANT+ device. With this purchase, you’ll have full use of the Tacx software. So, you can upload your data for analyses, and share it with fellow cyclists for some friendly competition. You can also train with other apps, like Zwift and TrainerRoad.
5. Elite Qubo Digital Smart B+ Cycle Trainer
- Perfect trainer for powerful riders for hard interval training
- Misuoro B+ Bluetooth and ANT sensor (included) transmit speed and...
- Maximum resistance of over 1580 Watts (at 60 kmph)
For a low price you can purchase the Elite Qubo trainer that gives you a stable and realistic ride. This wireless roll trainer offers an easy-to-install unit with a magnetic resistance system. It is controlled via ANT+ or Bluetooth technology and can be controlled with your tablet or Smartphone.
The trainer is compatible with My the E-Training App. This app will display all of your fitness data, including heart rate, speed, time, distance and cadence statistics. You also have access to hundreds of training videos and tests to determine your fitness levels at any point through your cycling journey. You also have the option to create your own training programs.
6. CycleOps Fluid
- One way smart sensor easily connects to zwift
- Fluid resistance is the quietest, smoothest, and most consistent way...
- Confidently mount your bicycle to a sturdy, steel, frame with the...
This trainer offers a smooth, quiet, consistent ride. It advertises to customers a confident mount, with a sturdy, steel frame and included skewer. So, you can ride with confidence that you’re getting a quality and safe workout. It also comes with a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects, so no matter what, you can spend your money and feel safe.
The trainer’s one-way smart sensor connects to Zwift for data tracking. It will vary your resistance levels to offer a mix of simulated terrain conditions. It will connect with common road bikes and mountain bikes, and has a quick-release skewer for easy connections.
Best Selling Smart Turbo Trainers in 2020
If none of the above products are for you, below are some of the best selling smart turbo trainers in 2020.
Now that you’ve reviewed our list of the best smart turbo trainers, you may be asking yourself if a smart turbo trainer is the right choice for you. Are you serious about cycling, and want to continue to improve your fitness while being able to check your real-time data and statistics? Do you miss the social aspect of biking when you’re stuck cycling indoors, due to weather or situational reasons? Do you feel like you’re so close to reaching your goals, but need a little bit more of a push? Well, with a smart trainer, you can have instant access to all of your training metrics. You can also sync your data to apps and online profiles where you can compare and compete against fellow cyclists. So, you can keep the fun spirit of competition, and continue to improve your cycling skills with confidence.
- The 6 Best Cross Trainers To Up Your Exercise Game
- The Best Walkie Talkies For Kids To Play With
- The Best Selfie Drones For The Perfect Group Shot
- 7 of the Best Waist Trainers To Help Out Your Figure
- The 5 Best Free Standing Punching Bag – Options To Boost Your Workout
- The 6 Best Electric Cars For Kids
- The Best Budget Golf Rangefinders To Up Your Game!
- 5 Reasons Why a Stationary Bike is Good for Bad Knees
- The Best Walkie Talkies To Help You Stay In Touch
- A Comprehensive Guide To Different Kinds of Exercise Bikes
- Should You Buy a Treadmill or an Exercise Bike? – Our Guide
- How Many Calories do you Burn on an Exercise Bike – Our Guide
- 5 of the Best Turbo Trainers on the Market
- 6 of the Best Smart Turbo Trainers To Buy Now
- The Best Spinning Apps That Will Keep You In Shape at Home
- 5 Cheap Exercise Bikes in 2019
- The Best Air Bikes
- Best Recumbent Exercise Bikes
- Best Folding Exercise Bike
- Best Mini Exercise Bikes