Are you a fan of the handheld massager? These products are everywhere, and there’s a good reason why. They’re great at helping with aches and pains! While their use may seem obvious, there are a few essential tricks to learn how to use handheld massager products properly.
We’ve put together a complete list on all the best ways to learn how to use handheld massager products. They are optimized to work out all the aches, kinks, pains, and soreness your body experiences on a daily basis, whether it’s from exercise or just day-to-day activities.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Use Handheld Massager Guide
- 1.1 What is a handheld massager?
- 1.2 How to use handheld massager products on certain body parts
- 1.3 Are there any places that you shouldn’t use a handheld massager?
- 1.4 Should a handheld massager have heat?
- 1.5 What functions should you look for in a massager?
- 1.6 Can you use a handheld massager when pregnant?
- 1.7 What is the difference between a massager and a massage gun?
How to Use Handheld Massager Guide
- What is a handheld massager?
- How to use handheld massager products on certain body parts
- Are there any places that you shouldn’t use a handheld massager?
- Should a handheld massager have heat?
- What functions should you look for in a massager?
- Can you use a handheld massager when pregnant?
- What is the difference between a massager and a massage gun?
What is a handheld massager?
- RENPHO Deep Tissue Massager Relieves Pains for Full Body: The percussion technology can help relax and relieve pains on feet, calf, shoulders, neck, back, muscle, arms, and legs.
- Powerful Motor and Safety Design: Great motor with extremely powerful up to 3600 pulses per minute, could relieve pains effectively. After using 20 minutes, it will automatically be stopped to prevent the massager from overheating.
- Portable and Flexibility: Handheld and Cordless design, you can bring it to home, office and anywhere. 5 interchangeable head-attachments, depending on your preference.
- Cordless & Rechargeable: The built-in rechargeable battery lasts for approximately a TOTAL of 140 minutes on a full charge! For safety, it can't use While charging.
Last update on 2022-01-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Handheld massagers are electrical products that are designed to help with pain relief. They work hard to stimulate muscles in your body, thereby improving blood flow in the targeted areas.
You can find electric massagers in plenty of different forms. Some take up full chairs, while others are handheld. You can buy products that are specific for certain areas, such as the neck or feet. There are also heated and unheated products.
We’ll be focusing on the handheld massager, as they’re easily the most convenient! Fortunately, when learning how to use handheld massager products, you’re able to target plenty of different areas on the body.
How to use handheld massager products on certain body parts
The way that you use your handheld massager will depend on what parts of your body frequently experience aches, pains, and general soreness. Though, the following areas of the body are recommended to receive frequent massages:
- The pectorals
- Your neck
- Your shoulders
- Your abdomen
- The lower back
- Your legs
- Your arms
- Your hands
The pectorals are an important part of your body to massage, as they receive daily use just by moving your arms. People who frequently lift weights will have an even larger need for daily massage.
For a good pectoral massage, be sure to avoid leaving the massager in one place for too long. You should work around the specific trigger points that you feel for relief.
The neck is a very common area that people want to massage. It is an area filled with muscles that are constantly being used, and are in desperate need of some relief!
Use your handheld massager on a lighter mode of intensity when placing it on your neck, and work through the entire area with a specific focus on trigger points.
Your shoulders are a great next spot to move the massager to! This part of the body has a specific area, “Spot no. 14”, that has been studied in order to show just how much pain can be relieved from massaging one simple area.
The no. 14 trigger point is a small patch of your muscle. It is close to the middle of your back, in the inner corner of your shoulder blade. Give special attention to this region before moving on to the rest of your shoulders.
Massaging your abdomen can cause a tickling sensation for many, and sensitivity for others. If you have any trigger points in your abdomen, be sure to use the massager at a low intensity.
Once you get to your lower back, you’ll have lots of surface areas to work with. Since improper posture and sitting can cause severe lower back problems, you’ll want to give yourself a very deep massage, using kneading motions at a high intensity.
The legs are the largest and most complicated part to massage since you’ll have to go back and forth between spots!
Runners and folks who spend all day on their feet will benefit from a specific focus on the calves. Use a higher intensity and knead against the leg for relief. Other spots to consider are the thighs.
You may not benefit much from lower arm massages, but the upper arm areas are filled with muscles that may be in desperate need of relief. Use a light intensity and circle around the arm for maximum benefits.
Massaging the hands will feel much different than the other areas in your body. The muscles are much smaller, and you don’t have a lot of surface area to work with.
Turn on the massager with its lightest intensity and slowly move your palm over the massager. This will help to increase your blood flow, relieving any tension that has built up in the area.
Are there any places that you shouldn’t use a handheld massager?
You should not use a handheld massager on your face. They make specially made massagers for this purpose. Typical ones can be too strong and end up causing damage to your face.
The handheld massager should also not be used internally.
Keeping the massager on softer parts of your body is best. This includes the thighs, calves, shoulders, and more.
Should a handheld massager have heat?
You can easily find handheld massager products that use heat, while plenty of others don’t. So, is one better than the other?
Combining heat and massage has plenty of benefits. One of the most significant is the benefit of enhancing your blood flow.
What functions should you look for in a massager?
All massagers have the potential to give you a relaxing massage. While these products all share similarities, there are a few neat features to be on the lookout for.
- Cordless versus corded. Finding a cordless massager is much better for individuals who bring their massager to sports games or the gym, or who simply don’t want to be bothered by plugging their device into the wall.
- Different massage heads. If you want variation in your massages, look for products that offer detachable heads.
- Various pulsations and intensities. A nonstop vibration can be beneficial, but you’ll enjoy your product more if it can swap intensities and pulsation patterns.
- The length of the massager. If you have to use your massager without the help of a second pair of hands, your lower back will thank you by choosing a longer product. It makes it much easier to get to the small spots that you wouldn’t be able to reach.
- Heat versus no heat. Some people swear by heat, while others hate it. It’s better to buy a product that gives you the option of heat so that you can test it out for yourself!
Can you use a handheld massager when pregnant?
If you’re curious about starting to use a handheld massager when pregnant or are already used to using one, you should consult your doctor. They will be able to guide you through the complete dos and don’ts.
You should definitely avoid using an electric handheld massager on your abdomen when pregnant. Some sources also recommend avoiding using it on the lower legs.
While this may seem like handheld massagers are a complete no-no when pregnant, there are quite a few benefits. The massage can help decrease stress, which any mother-to-be will recognize as pretty important!
Massaging the shoulders is an area with fewer trigger points. So, consult with your doctor and find out if you are able to learn how to use handheld massager products while pregnant.
What is the difference between a massager and a massage gun?
- 💪【Powerful Sports Muscle Massage Gun】- Deep tissue massager uses an upgrade brushless motor, lower noise and longer service life,the massages gun can help the user relieve muscle pain relief,stiffness and soreness, increase blood pressure, improve the overall health of the body's soft tissues moreover.
- 💪【20 Adjustable Speed Levels & Ultra-Quiet Muscle Gun】- This electric handheld massager has 20 speed strength levels, which allow you to get the right and appropriate amount of pressure to relieve your muscle pain. Percussion massager using Unique Quiet technology with a high-torque motor delivering up to 3,200 percussions per minute.You can enjoy a professional relaxing and quiet massage experience anytime, anywhere. (You can adjust the intensity according to your preference）
- 💪【4 Replaceable Massage Heads】- This portable electric massage muscle fascia gun equipped with 4 different shaped massage heads to be used on different body parts and muscle groups, provide targeted treatment for relieve muscle tension, soreness and repair. Round: For large muscle groups such as arms, back,hips,thighs,calves,etc ; Bullet: For impacting deep tissues such as meridians,joints,palms and soles ; U-Shaped: For neck,spine and Achilles tendon ; Flat:For full body.
- 💪【Long Working Time & Lcd Touch Screen】- This cordless deep tissue massager equipped with 2500mAh high-quality lithium battery, so the gun massage can keep working about 4-6 hours after per charge, while the concealed cooling system can effectively remove excess heat.The body massager has a Intelligent LCD touch screen that accurately displays how much battery power and massage intensity speed, Easy to read and Use.
Last update on 2022-01-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
While learning about massagers, there’s a good chance you’ve heard the term “massage gun” and wondered what the difference was. These items, also known as percussion massagers, are another form of self-massage.
Not only does this piece of equipment look stronger, but it also feels a lot stronger. It’s designed to work deeper in your muscles, going faster and harder than a regular massager that’s often gentle.
In addition to the intensity, this type of massager also utilizes vibration therapy. The deep, pulsating effects will cause vibrations in the surrounding areas.
Some of the great benefits of a massage gun include:
- Muscle relaxation
- Better sleep caused by muscle relaxation
- Increased blood flow
- Improved flexibility
Some people may find their bodies too sensitive for the intense massage gun. This is especially true if you already bruise easily.
Purchasing a great handheld massager is the first step to finding yourself treating your soreness. Learning how to use handheld massager products is the second, and most important step!
By learning how to properly use your massager, you’ll be able to work out all the kinks and get your body back to feeling good.