You may not want to admit it, but Christmas is just around the corner. And if you’ve got kids, there’s no way you can leave the Christmas shopping until the last minute – their lists will soon be in the post to Santa, and toy shop shelves will be empty before the first door of the advent calendar has been opened.
So, to save you the anguish of deciding between disappointed faces on Christmas Day or remortgaging the house to pay over the odds for the latest toys on eBay, here are the top toys for Christmas 2018.
LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Express
LEGO is a mainstay of Christmas lists for kids of all ages, Harry Potter is never off the TV around Christmas – so it’s no surprise that LEGO’s Hogwarts Express train set, complete with railway bridge and Platform 9 ¾, is expected to be one of the season’s biggest sellers.
Complete LEGO-sized Harry, Ron and Hermione, along with Remus Lupin, the Trolley Witch, Dementor and Scabbers figures, make sure you order early before this disappears from the shops.
- Build the Hogwarts Express train set, plus railway bridge and Platform 9¾!
- Features a carriage with 4 seats, removable side panel and roof, plus a Trolley Witch with sweets trolley
- Minifigures include: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Remus Lupin and the Trolley Witch, plus Dementor and Scabbers figures
Paddington Bear with Classic Boots and Suitcase
Peru’s favourite export has been given a new lease of life thanks to the hit movies. If your kids want to get their hands on a plush Paddington, complete with trademark blue duffel coat, red wellies and suitcase, then this 33cm tall teddy is a must have.
- Paddington Bear Large Classic with Boots and Suitcase
- Classic Paddington with his coat, hat and boots and case
- Comes with real toggles and a label that says please look after this bear, thank you
L.O.L Surprise Dolls. Pearl Surprise 2
This year’s must-have dolls, L.O.L Surprise Dolls are delivered in a shell that’s split into separate compartments, and the only way to unlock it is to use the code cards that are tucked into each compartment. With the accessories unlocked, you can then take off the dolls protective case and dress her up.
The Pearl Surprise 2 comes with a limited edition doll and sister, six pearl surprise dolls, and a glitter case that can be used as a purse, a storage case, or a bath playset.
- Limited-edition doll and lil sister
- Six pearl surprise balls
- One shell-shaped doll stand
There’s always one family game that’s a must-have at Christmas, from Doggie Doo to Pie Face, and this year it’s Chow Crown that looks like it’ll rule over the rest.
Each player wears a crown from which they dangle their favourite food, which they then must eat while music plays – the aim is to eat as much as possible before the music stops, the catch is that players can’t use their hands, and the crown spins as it plays music.
- Fun family games: The Chow Crown electronic kids game is an ideal family fun with a tasty twist; it's an ideal choice for family game night and get-togethers
- Wear the spinning musical crown: Load up the forks; once the music starts, the snacks will begin to spin; try to eat the spinning food before the music stops (snacks not included)
- Hilarious kids game with music: Get ready for lots of laughs as players try to catch the snacks; players try to bite the food off the forks without using their hands
Sure to be a special delivery under Christmas trees up and down the country this year, each Crate Creature come packaged in its own crate, from which it makes noises and peers out with glowing eyes. You can release the creature using a special crowbar (which comes as part of the package, so no need to rummage around the shed on Christmas morning), and if you record yourself speaking to the Crate Creature, it’ll repeat what you said in its own monster voice.
- Pull their tongue and creature vibrates, makes fun noises and has glowing eyes inside of packaging.
- Use the crowbar to pop the lock and open your creatures crate.
- Motion sensor inside creature reacts when they're upside down, knocked over, or laying down.
What Christmas presents shall I buy for friends and family?
You might have the kids boxed off for Christmas, but what if you’re stuck for ideas for other family members and friends? If you need some inspiration, check out our Which To Buy buyers guides for the lowdown on everything from the latest lady shavers to the best beard trimmers.