A cup of fresh coffee at the beginning of the day is and remains the nonplus ultra for many. What could be better than the smell of fresh coffee in the morning? Of course, freshly ground coffee tastes particularly good. Even the tantalizing smell of coffee beans motivates us to use the coffee grinder. But even with coffee grinders, there are some features and quality features that you should consider before buying.
Table of Contents
- Best Selling Coffee Grinders in 2021
- Navigate our Coffee Grinders guide!
- Our Picks For The Best Coffee Grinders Available Now
- 1. Muzili Electric Coffee Grinder
- 2. De’Longhi KG79 Professional Burr Grinder
- 3. Manual Coffee Bean Grinder
Best Selling Coffee Grinders in 2021
|1||Aigostar Electric Coffee Grinder, Stainless Steel Blade, 150W,...||1,560 Reviews||£15.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Krups GVX231 Expert Burr Grinder, Black/Silver||1,734 Reviews||£35.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||SHARDOR Coffee Grinder Electric with Adjustable Precision...||119 Reviews||£32.99||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Duronic Electric Coffee Grinder CG250 | 250W Motor | Grinding...||2,857 Reviews||£22.99||Buy on Amazon|
|5||De'Longhi, Coffee grinder KG79, Black||4,747 Reviews||£33.99||Buy on Amazon|
|6||Handheld Manual Coffee Bean Grinder | Portable Coffee Mill |...||107 Reviews||£14.95||Buy on Amazon|
|7||KYG Coffee Grinder 300W Electric Coffee Grinder with 304...||390 Reviews||£15.99||Buy on Amazon|
|8||Cuisinart Burr Mill | Coffee Grinder | Stainless Steel | DBM8U||331 Reviews||£53.95||Buy on Amazon|
|9||SHARDOR Coffee & Spice Grinders Electric with 2 Removable...||1,813 Reviews||£30.59||Buy on Amazon|
|10||SHARDOR Coffee Grinder Electric with Removable Stainless Steel...||2,295 Reviews||£28.99||Buy on Amazon|
- Best Selling Coffee Grinders
- Electric vs Manual Grinders
- Our Tips for Storing & Packing
- The Difference at a Glance
Our Picks For The Best Coffee Grinders Available Now
1. Muzili Electric Coffee Grinder
No products found.
A coffee grinder does more than just grind your coffee, and this Muzili product knows that. It uses intense power to get your beans into peak size, so that your coffee is able to brew to perfection.
- It makes very little noise.
- Durable for long-term use.
This product uses a 200W large power and high-quality motor to grind your coffee fast and efficiently. So, you’ll get a fine powder quickly, and your beans will be uniformly ground. The stainless steel materials used to create this product are not only safe for use, but durable enough to last you thousands of cups.
Mornings are meant for coffee, but sometimes you have to make your coffee while the rest of the house is asleep. So, this product is quiet enough to not interrupt your quiet morning, and won’t make a noise loud enough to wake the whole household.
What We Love
- It’s easy to use with a push-to-grind button.
- It works quickly.
- It can grind lots of beans at once.
What We Don’t Love
- The cleaning process can be complicated.
Once you get a taste for the beans that this product can grind, you won’t ever want to stop drinking coffee!
No products found.
2. De’Longhi KG79 Professional Burr Grinder
- Bean container capacity 120 gram
- Grind selector: 17 grinding levels to choose according to the type of...
- The selector allows to grind the grain according to the desired...
Whether you want to grind coffee for your basic morning cup, or you like to have some fine espresso, this De’Longhi grinder will make you the perfect cup.
- Uses a separate grind selector dial.
- Can hold plenty of beans.
This is a simple, easy to use product that gives you exactly what you’re asking for. The bean container, top lid, and powder container are all transparent, so you can even see how smooth of a grinding process it is! It can hold up to 120 grams of coffee beans, too, so you have plenty of room to prepare beans for your home. Plus, with a removable powder container, it’s not just easy to use, but easy to clean, too!
This product comes with a fineness selector, so you can choose from fine, medium, or coarse coffee. The cup selector dial also allows you to select how many cups you’re grinding for. You’re able to choose between 2-12 cups, and the machine will stop once it gets there. How simple is that?
What We Love
- It’s easy to clean.
- It features an automatic safety device, so you never have to worry.
What We Don’t Love
- Emptying your beans can be a hassle.
If you’re serious about your coffee, you’ll love this customizable bean grinder.
3. Manual Coffee Bean Grinder
- ✔️ ADJUSTABLE - The Maison & White Manual Coffee Bean Grinder...
- ✔️ EASY CLEAN - The simple construction of our coffee bean grinder...
- ✔️ COMPACT - The compact design of our coffee grinder means it...
Now, all of the coffee bean grinders that you’ve seen so far have been automatic. While they’re certainly more convenient, there are other types of grinders out there. So, we introduce to you the manual coffee grinder, which allows for handheld cranking to grind your beans!
- Has adjustability options for coffee bean coarseness.
- It’s easy to clean.
Though you may worry that cranking out your own coffee beans isn’t the easiest to do, this product proves you wrong. It’s easy to clean, and compact. So, it won’t take up any room in your kitchen. All you have to do is pour your coffee and crank the lever to grind it up. It may seem complicated, but it does all of the hard work for you. With the adjustable option, the machine will change to adjust for whatever coarseness you’re after!
What We Love
- It provides a consistent consistency of beans every time.
- It will last a long time.
- It’s easy to separate pieces for quick cleaning.
- It’s far cheaper than automatic options.
What We Don’t Love
- It can be tough to get used to.
Your perfect cup of coffee will be unique to you, so putting in a little extra work gives you the ultimate choice.
- Best Filter Coffee Machines – Get Your Daily Coffee Fix
- Best Coffee Capsule Machines Reviewed – Great Coffee on a Budget!
- Great coffee on the go with these Coffee Pod Machines
- Be the home barista with these Bean to Cup Coffee Machines
Functioning and quality features
The function of the best coffee grinders is simply explained: They crush coffee beans into coffee powder, from which the hot drink is then prepared. For best results, it is advisable to grind coffee just before preparation as many of the aromas evaporate when exposed to oxygen, light and heat.
An essential quality criterion of the best coffee grinder is the optimal heat development. Under no circumstances should the engine and grinder develop too much heat. If the beans are exposed to high temperatures during the grinding process, the coffee oils they contain will suffer and the brewed coffee will taste burnt and bitter.
Basically, it does not create a coffee grinder to crush the coffee beans to exactly the same size. But it is better if the coffee beans are milled almost the same size because only then is a uniform extraction possible. If the material to be ground is uneven, the extraction during the brewing of the coffee is also uneven and the coffee tastes quite bitter. The best coffee grinders should, therefore, meet the following two criteria:
- The coffee grinder crushes the coffee beans without heating them
- The coffee grinder produces evenly large bean particles
Electric vs. manual coffee grinders
Electric coffee grinders are becoming increasingly popular lately. Many coffee gourmets create such a device, because in the preparation of coffee specialties with portafilter, it is particularly important to the quality of the ground coffee. The classic coffee grinder from the kitchen shelf of the grandparents, however, is still popular. Such devices are still produced and are quite mature in their technology.
As far as the price / performance ratio is concerned, no decision criterion can be derived from this. Both electric and manual coffee grinders are available in almost all price ranges. Both types of equipment are easy to use and comfortable, and cleaning does not pose any great demands on the consumer. If you have large quantities of coffee beans to grind, you are certainly better served with an electric coffee grinder.
When you buy a coffee grinder, you should pay attention to some key features. You should be able to set the degree of grinding individually and precisely, because each type of coffee, whether espresso or filter coffee requires an individual degree of grinding . The devices also differ in the type of grinder and the output of the ground coffee. We recommend devices with a bevel or disc grinder. When issuing a distinction between a reservoir, a metering chamber or a portafilter, in which case individual preferences decide.
Tips for storing and packaging coffee
- Foreign flavors :Coffee absorbs other flavors very quickly. What releases aroma and odors should be stored far away from the coffee. Coffee is still very sensitive to light. That’s why it should be stored in opaque plastic boxes.
- Moisture :Moisture is by far the biggest enemy of coffee. Coffee powder, the finer it is ground, has all the more evaporation surface. The grinding increases the surface area. The evaporation area of whole coffee beans is much lower than that of ground coffee.
- Fridge or freezer :Under no circumstances may coffee be stored in the refrigerator. Because there are many smells that can move into the coffee. Another problem is the existing condensation, moisture destroys the coffee.
- Durability and quality :The question is: is he still tasting? Coffee loses some of the aroma with the best packaging right after roasting. The faster the coffee is consumed after roasting, the better. As a rule of thumb: At least eight weeks after roasting it should be consumed.
The different grinders at a glance
- Coffee grinders with whip grinder : Such models were mostly used in the 1980s and 90s. In the impact grinder, the coffee beans are crushed by some rotating rotary knives. However, the coffee is ground very unevenly in this way. This leads subsequently to an uneven extraction. In addition, the coffee gets too hot.
- Electric mills with disc grinder : The coffee beans are ground in these mills between two superimposed grinding discs. One of the discs is driven by a small motor. The coffee beans get between these two grinding discs, are broken and moved by the centrifugal force occurring outwards. To set the desired degree of grinding, the distance between the discs can be changed accordingly. The material of the grinding discs is usually steel or ceramic.
- Electric grinders with conical grinder: In these appliances, the coffee beans are crushed between the outer wall of the grinder and its inner cone. The distance between the cone and the wall becomes smaller towards the bottom, thus the beans can be finely ground. The degree of grinding can be influenced by the distance between the cone and the wall.
- Hand Mills: Hand mills are a convenient and inexpensive alternative to electric mills. They are equipped with a conical grinder, where the grinding degree can be adjusted.