A good webcam is an unmissable part of your PC setup, particularly if you work from home. They’re great for producing video content, and doing video conferencing with colleagues and clients in a work context, and we will bring you up to date regarding some of the best webcams for video conferencing. On a personal level, of course, a good webcam is fantastic for maintaining those all-important ties with friends, family and loved ones.
Table of Contents
- 7 Best Selling Webcams for Video Conferencing in [year]
- In a hurry? Best Garden Sprinklers on the Market [year]
- 1. Logitech StreamCam, Live Streaming Webcam, Full 1080p HD
- 2. Anivia 1080P Full HD Webcam with Webcam Cover
- 3. THUSTAND HD Webcam, 1080P Streaming Webcam with Microphone
- 4. AUKEY FHD Webcam, 1080p Live Streaming Camera, Desktop or Laptop USB Webcam for Widescreen Video Calling and Recording
- 5. Logitech BCC950 – webcams (1080p, H.264, Black, Stand, 0 – 180°, Carl Zeiss)
- Video Conferencing Webcams Questions and Answers:
- Will a webcam necessarily cost me a lot of money?
- What are webcams used for?
- What are the points that I need to consider and weigh up before I buy a webcam?
- What speed of Internet connection do I need to do live streaming?
- How big will my webcam be?
- What other factors should I bear in mind when I decide what webcam to buy?
7 Best Selling Webcams for Video Conferencing in [year]
|1||Webcam for PC with Microphone - 1080P FHD Webcam with Privacy...||4,455 Reviews||£19.11||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Logitech C920 HD Pro Webcam, Full HD 1080p/30fps Video Calling,...||14,211 Reviews||£72.00||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Teaisiy USB Webcam with Microphone, 1080P HD Streaming Webcam for...||12,466 Reviews||£21.99||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Logitech C270 HD Webcam, HD 720p/30fps, Widescreen HD Video...||10,122 Reviews||£24.99||Buy on Amazon|
|5||NULAXY HD 1080p Webcam with Microphone, USB Webcam with Privacy...||4,936 Reviews||£24.99||Buy on Amazon|
|6||Webcam with Microphone and Tripod for PC, Desktop, Laptop, Plug...||5,946 Reviews||£21.99||Buy on Amazon|
|7||Webcam, USB Webcam with Microphone Privacy Cover 4K UHD Built-in...||72 Reviews||£49.99||Buy on Amazon|
Here are some of the excellent ones we have come across as we researched what webcams are available, and which are best suited to different functions.
In a hurry? Best Garden Sprinklers on the Market [year]
- Logitech StreamCam, Live Streaming Webcam, Full 1080p HD
- Anivia 1080P Full HD Webcam with Webcam Cover
- THUSTAND HD Webcam, 1080P Streaming Webcam with Microphone
- AUKEY FHD Webcam, 1080p Live Streaming Camera, Desktop or Laptop USB Webcam for Widescreen Video Calling and Recording
- Logitech BCC950 – webcams (1080p, H.264, Black, Stand, 0 – 180°, Carl Zeiss)
1. Logitech StreamCam, Live Streaming Webcam, Full 1080p HD
- Logitech capture: This video recording and streaming software makes...
- Full HD 1080p at 60 fps: You and your audience will enjoy an...
- Smart auto focus and exposure: Focus on sharing your passion while...
The ease of operation of the nifty Logitech Streamcam with its excellent video recording capabilities and streaming software will enable you to create professional quality content quickly and intuitively.
- Smart auto-focus and auto-exposure
- Dual camera-mount versatility
- The Logitech Streamcam includes a monitor mount and a tripod
The Logitech Streamcam really is a high quality webcam for video conferencing. It is remarkably easy and intuitive to operate, while the camera shake is reduced by the built-in electronic image stabilisation capacity. So it will provide you and your audience with a top-notch video experience combining smooth streaming with precise video, accurate motion, and full HD 1080p at 60 fps.
The Logitech Streamcam will make sure that you and your audience enjoy an ultra-smooth, high-quality streaming experience with accurate motion and precise video. This is thanks to the Logitech Streamcam’s smart auto-focus and auto-exposure that has been combined with advanced facial-tracking AI. By just turning the Streamcam, you can switch to full HD 9:16 vertical video, making it ideally suited for posts on YouTube, Twitch, Facebook and Instagram.
With its monitor mount and a tripod adaptor, it also provides you with the versatility of a dual camera-mount, thus enabling you to get that ideal angle so you are always seen from the best side! The enhanced Logitech capture ensures that your video can have a really slick and professional look with scene transitions and text overlays.
What We Love:
- The accurate and silky-smooth 1080p at 60 fps video and full HD vertical capture
- Premium audio performance ensuring vibrant and authentic sound.
- That the camera is capable of either portrait or landscape orientations at high resolutions
What We Don’t Love:
- Older systems might run into some problems with the USB C requirement
- Some users did not like the microphone
2. Anivia 1080P Full HD Webcam with Webcam Cover
- USB 1080P Webcam with Analog Micro: Built-in dual noise reducing...
- Wide screen Laptop Camera:75°Viewing angle for wide vision....
- HD Webcam: Automatic low-light correction technology is applied in...
The Anivia 1080P webcam has built-in analog microphones with dual noise-reduction capacity for use in noisy environments. This makes it an excellent webcam for video conferencing in large rooms as its superior stereo audio capacity ensures clear and undistorted sound recording up to three meters.
- Wide screen viewing angle provides wide vision
- Automatic low-light and colour boost makes it suitable to use in poor or harsh light environments.
- Suitable for use with laptops, desktop monitors, and Android TV
- Compatible with instant messaging applications like Windows Live Messenger, Skype, Android IPTV, Yahoo! Messenger, Gmail, MSN, WeChat, etc.
The Anivia 1080P is a sleek no-fuss, no-muss little webcam camera that is super easy to set up. It is literally just plug in and play, with its drivers installing extremely quickly. If you have Windows 10 this in fact happens automatically. It has a high resolution sensor and glass lens that provide flattering images, making sure you look your best, while its multi-functional hook design facilitates easy calling and recording from any angle.
The Anivia’s wide-angle lens gives a very comprehensive view from the camera, making it a very good choice for conference meetings. This quality also makes it excellent for family gatherings when its noise-reduction microphone really comes into its own, ensuring good sound quality. The compact size allows it to be used on desktop PCs and laptops with equal ease.
What We Love:
- It is suitable for conference and video calling with built-in noise-reducing microphones
- Its wide screen provides clear, crisp and flattering images
- Extremely quick and easy to install, the Anivia 1080P is suitable for computer and laptop use
What We Don’t Love:
- Not able to rotate left and right
- Does not contain speakers
3. THUSTAND HD Webcam, 1080P Streaming Webcam with Microphone
As the advanced H264 compression technology of the Thustand webcam enables really fast and slick uploads, it makes it an ideal webcam for video conferencing at home.
- Fast uploads with advanced H264 compression technology
- Pro-quality high-definition 1080p camera
- Manual focus camera facilitates recording and streaming of video
- 75 degree wide-angle lens reduces dead zones
The state-of-the-art compression technology of the Thustand webcam H264 makes it an ideal webcam choice for conferencing, webinars, online classes, chatting and any online streaming. The Thustand webcam H264’s advanced technology makes it possible for you to do really fast uploads and problem-free streaming on social media sites such as YouTube, Xbox, OBS, Skype, Twitch and Facebook.
The Thustand webcam is plug-and-play, with no additional drivers needed, and is compatible with most video apps. It comes equipped with a generous USB power cable to plug into the USB port of your computer. Its really convenient foldable design means that you can literally take it anywhere, any time. It is compatible with Windows 2000, XP, Windows 7, 8, and 10 (or higher), as well as Mac OS, Chrome OS, Android 5.0 (or any higher version), Smart TV, etc.
What We Love:
- Its advanced technology, built-in stereo microphones and 2 megapixel CMOS image sensor
- Its compatibility with a wide range of apps and platforms
- 90-day money-back and three 3-year free replacement guarantee, and lifetime customer support regarding technical issues.
What We Don’t Love:
- Should your laptop have a built-in camera, you’ll have to change the default camera settings, or disable the built-in camera settings before you can use the Thustand webcam.
4. AUKEY FHD Webcam, 1080p Live Streaming Camera, Desktop or Laptop USB Webcam for Widescreen Video Calling and Recording
- 【Full HD Video】: High-definition 1080p webcam with 1/2.7” CMOS...
- 【Recording & Live Streaming】: Excellent video quality with 1080p...
- 【Fast Installation】: Conveniently clip this camera onto...
Great compact, easy to use and versatile webcam for everyday use or working from home.
- Delivers smooth video with high-definition 1080p webcam with 1/2.7-inch CMOS image
- Ensures excellent video quality with 1080p recording and 30 frames per second streaming
- Fixed focus feature ensures objects up to 3 metres are kept in focus
- Fast and easy installation
This camera can stand on any flat surface or can be conveniently clipped onto any flat computer or laptop screen as it is equipped with soft rubber pads and flexible hinges. As there are no drivers and/or software to install, you simply plug this webcam into the USB port on your device. A purple LED light will indicate that the camera is active. The AUKEY FHD webcam is compatible with Mac OS 10.7, Windows XP and above, and Android 4.0, or above.
Because of its high definition features and built-in microphone, the AUKEY ensures clear audio along with video chat and live streaming. It has a wide 75 degree view and the precision glass lens with fixed focus ensures a sharp image of objects as far as 3 metres (almost 10 feet) away.
What We Love:
- The simplicity and ease of setup – simply plug and play
- The 45-day money-back guarantee and 24-month product replacement warranty
What We Don’t Love:
- It does not work as well in low light.
5. Logitech BCC950 – webcams (1080p, H.264, Black, Stand, 0 – 180°, Carl Zeiss)
As the Logitech BCC950 can be quickly and easily set up on a desk or conference table, it is ideal for conferences of small teams of one to four people in small rooms.
- A noise-reduction microphone and omni-directional speaker ensures excellent sound quality
- High quality optics ensures good video quality with accurate colour and sharp image rendition
- Extremely easy to set up
With the sophisticated Logitech BCC950, small teams can have video conferences virtually anytime and anywhere. It is very compact and has a motorized camera that is set at eye-level. Being able to see eye-to-eye makes it easier for members to communicate. The noise-reducing microphone and efficient omni-directional speaker ensures that everyone attending the meeting can hear and be heard clearly.
With its advanced noise reduction technology, Logitech BCC950 suppresses irritating and distracting background noise and echo, thus ensuring clear and natural sound. You can control the camera and audio from across the room with a handheld remote control. Logitech BCC950 is certified for Skype, Zoom and Fuze and is compatible with Google Meet, WebEX, Jabber, GoToMeeting, Vidyo and other conferencing applications.
What We Love:
- The eye-to-eye contact makes meetings more effective
- The Logitech BCC950 is remote-controlled for ease of usage
- The easy plug and play connectivity make it really simple and straightforward to use
What We Don’t Love:
- The Logitech BCC950 is, comparatively spoken, really pricey
Video Conferencing Webcams Questions and Answers:
Will a webcam necessarily cost me a lot of money?
This is understandably usually one of the first things that people want to know when they are considering buying a webcam. Nowadays we are in the fortunate position, however, that thanks to the quite amazing advances that have been made in recent times in the technology around webcams, that a good webcam doesn’t have to be prohibitively expensive. Nowadays you’ll be able to buy a versatile webcam that will provide you with many useful applications and features at a quite affordable price.
What are webcams used for?
A webcam potentially has many uses and applications, and before buying one you should thoroughly consider which functions and purposes you will want it to serve for you. Some of the functions these useful devices can fulfil are as video phones, to take photographs, to record videos, and to give you live streaming on the Internet. In your home and/or office they can even be employed as security devices to monitor the location in your absence.
Today, virtually every laptop or notebook you come across will already have a built-in camera – and while these are perfectly fine for Skyping with family and friends, they’re not really designed to deliver great quality visuals or audio. If you’re going to be dealing with potential clients and customers online, then a dedicated webcam gives a much more professional impression. They’re also invaluable in video conferencing, where your speech might become garbled or distorted if you use your built-in camera.
- Best Coffee Pod Machines – Great Coffee on the Go!
- Best Robot Vacuum Cleaners Reviewed – Why Clean When You Don’t Have To!
What are the points that I need to consider and weigh up before I buy a webcam?
One of the first priorities to consider before you buy your webcam has to be the quality of the picture that it is going to give you. The quality of the picture is usually linked to the price, but most people are normally prepared to pay to get a decent picture. Which does not mean that you’re necessarily going to have to pay a fortune for your webcam to get an acceptable image quality of the camera’s picture. But it does mean that you need to shop around, read other customers’ reviews and check on the specifications of the models you are considering.
Remember that the picture quality of a webcam will be determined by the resolution, which is signified by the number of pixels – the higher the resolution, the clearer the image. But webcams that boast only a moderate number of pixels, let’s say, 960 by 720 pixels, are usually perfectly adequate for the camera to capture relatively clear motion video.
Again, the purpose for which you want the webcam is the determining factor here. If your purpose is to take high-quality stills, or stream high quality video over the Internet, you would be well advised to go for a camera that has a high resolution, for example 1600 by 1200 pixels. Another important factor to bear in mind is that you’ll need to have a computer with a good graphics card and a fast processor to access the webcam’s maximum potential, and handle the high number of frames per second that good quality video requires smoothly.
What speed of Internet connection do I need to do live streaming?
It will be absolutely essential that you have a high-speed internet connection if you intend receiving and sending high-quality videos or photographs via your webcam. For instance, the recommended speed for YouTube Live is 2,250 – 6,000 Kbps. Twitch requires an upload speed 6.2 Mbps. If you want to stream 720p video at 60 frames per second, YouTube Live requires 7.4 Mbps. But you will get varying upload speeds from the different platforms.
Via your webcam there are many sites where you can communicate with other people and friends via video chat. Some of these websites even make these online services to connect with other people available free of charge. Another service that some sites make available enables you to set up home or office security in this way by utilising the potential of your webcam. It can even be configured in such a way that the webcam functions as a motion detector. It will be switched on by any unauthorised movement in the area that it monitors.
How big will my webcam be?
This varies greatly, and is usually determined by the function of the webcam. But by and large, webcams are designed to be portable, so most are quite small. Many of them are designed to clip onto the top of a desktop computer or laptop screen. So again, the size will more than likely be determined by the use that you will be putting it to. But it should be noted that a small and portable webcam is almost invariably easier and more convenient to use, especially if you intend using it outside the home.
What other factors should I bear in mind when I decide what webcam to buy?
A very important feature that you really need to consider is the quality of the built-in microphone in your webcam as this will have a marked effect on the audio quality of your recordings. The better the microphone, the better the audio, so if your webcam’s microphone has a noise reduction or suppression feature, so much the better. Again, the key is shopping around and buying the best that you can afford.
Further desirable features to keep an eye out for whilst shopping around for your webcam include good pixel resolution, automatic face tracking and digital zoom. You should also make sure that the webcam’s mounting device will be convenient and suitable to the use you’re going to put it to.
In conclusion, we must stress that before buying a webcam, you really have to do your homework. Research what is out there in the price range that you’re comfortable with. Then buy the very best webcam for video conferencing or your personal or business needs that you can, and enjoy connecting and collaborating like never before!