Best Shaving Brushes in 2020 – The Sophisticated Way to Shave!
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Shaving Brushes in 2020 – The Sophisticated Way to Shave!
- 1.1 In a hurry? Take a look at our choices for the Best Shaving Brushes of 2020
- 1.2 Navigate our Shaving Brush Guide!
- 1.3 1. Benny’s Of London Shaving Brush
- 1.4 2. Anself 3-in-1 Shaving Brush
- 1.5 3. Haryali Hand Assembled Black Badger Hair Shaving Brush with Stand
- 1.6 4. ImplePopper.Co Synthetic Shaving Brush
- 1.7 Frequently Asked Questions about Shaving Brushes
- 1.7.1 Why are shaving brushes important?
- 1.7.2 How do you use a shaving brush?
- 1.7.3 Are shaving brushes only for the face?
- 1.7.4 What are shaving brushes made of?
- 1.7.5 How important is the brush handle?
- 1.7.6 Do shaving brushes shed?
- 1.7.7 How to best care for your shaving brush?
- 1.7.8 When is it time to replace your shaving brush?
- 1.7.9 What causes razor burn and bumps?
- 1.7.10 What kind of gel/soap/cream should I be using?
When you think about shaving, your mind will often go straight to thoughts of razors and shavers. Oftentimes the good old shaving brush goes forgotten, despite being such an important aspect to getting the perfect shave. So, we’re here to remind you how important shaving brushes can be, and how they can bring a good shave to the next level! Shaving brushes are awesome additions to your styling and hair care tool kit. And, since so many people go without, you can always confidently buy one as a gift and know that the recipient will love it.
In a hurry? Take a look at our choices for the Best Shaving Brushes of 2020
If you’re into the detail, then take a look the best shaving brush reviews below.
- Our Pick
- Budget Pick
- Questions & Answers
- Why to use a shaving brush
- How to use a shaving brush
- How to keep your shaving brush in good quality
1. Benny’s Of London Shaving Brush
- 💰A LUXURY BRUSH AT HALF THE PRICE - A common problem with shaving...
- 😍OUR CUSTOMERS LOVE HOW COMFORTABLE IT MAKES THERE SHAVING...
- 🙏SAY GOODBYE TO ALL THOSE LOOSE HAIRS FALLING OUT - This is the...
This stylish looking shaving brush is a must-have when it comes to your shaving sets. Whether you’re after a new brush or want to get the perfect gift for someone in your life, the Benny’s Of London brush is a quality choice.
- Built to avoid shedding hairs
- Available as part of an entire shaving set
This product works as a gentle exfoliator, using its tough bristles to remove dirt and dead skin, working towards fewer blemishes. All you have to do is soak the brush in warm water, allow excess water to trickle out, rub bristles over soap, and apply to the face. Once done the application, your skin will be exfoliated and ready for a closer, cleaner shave.
This product has a risk free 100% money-back guarantee because Benny’s Of London is confident that you will love it. Not only is it budget-friendly, but you’ll save on soaps and lotions due to its excellent lathering techniques, so you’ll save even more in the long run! Whether you want to buy this solo brush or purchase it along with the rest of the set, it makes for a great stocking stuffer.
What We Love
- Built to last
- Smooth on the skin
What We Don’t Love
- The brush needs to be used a few times before it becomes a smooth lather
If a holiday gift is what you’re after, this is the shaving brush for you.
2. Anself 3-in-1 Shaving Brush
- 【3 in 1 Set】 Comes with 3 in 1 multifunctional shaving kit,...
- 【Excellent Quality - Shaving Brush】 Soft bristle shaving brush,...
- 【Perfect Match Kit】Modern design which is characterized by...
Not only is this brush here for your shaving needs, but it comes in a stylish, handy bowl to amp up your bathroom counter style!
- Uses extra soft bristles.
- It comes with handy shaving bowl.
This purchase comes with a shaving brush, shaving stand, and shaving bowl. So, you can prep your face for shaving and leave the brush in the stand while shaving. This means that you won’t need to worry about rinsing off your brush first, or having to put it on your counter, getting both the brush and your countertops messy! Plus, it makes for easy drying after cleaning out your brush.
This product uses extra soft bristles, making sure that you won’t feel any irritation on your skin. You can also lather the brush in the bowl so that it’s perfectly prepped before going on your face.
What We Love
- It’s budget-friendly.
- It helps keep brush germ-free by not needing to be left on countertops.
What We Don’t Love
- The plastic bowl is flimsy.
The stylish design is the perfect addition to your shaving kit.
3. Haryali Hand Assembled Black Badger Hair Shaving Brush with Stand
- The London expertly crafted Black Badger Hair Brush is in a league of...
- Massages and exfoliates skin during lathering.
- A beautiful addition to any shave den. Excellent weight, balance, and...
This more luxurious item looks expensive and top-of-the-line while remaining within budget. Beautiful and practical, it would make the perfect gift for a loved one, or to yourself!
- Stainless steel wire stand.
- Made with badger hair.
The brush on this product is made with badger hair, which is perfect for retaining water, keeping in the heat for hot water. The entire brush is hand-sculpted, so you know that its unique and made for individual experiences. It works to massage and exfoliates the skin during the lathering process, making for a smooth, comfortable step.
Though it may be a little pricier than other options, it won’t break the bank. Though, the luxurious aspect that it will add to your bathroom may make others think otherwise. Keeping the brush in a holder keeps it from acquiring germs that may be on your bathroom counter or in drawers, and also helps ensure a full dry after cleaning.
What We Love
- The bristles provide a great lather and are soft, too.
- It’s very stylish.
What We Don’t Love
- Slightly less budget-friendly.
- The handle is heavy.
This is the perfect product for the frequent shaver who likes to be reminded of elegance at every shave.
4. ImplePopper.Co Synthetic Shaving Brush
- A TRADITIONAL SHAVING BRUSH: Clear Confidence Co. has designed this...
- LONG-LASTING AND ECO-FRIENDLY: Made with synthetic hair, this shaving...
- SHAVE YOUR BEARD EFFORTLESSLY: Applying the shaving cream with the...
For those who prefer vegan options for all of their products, including shaving brushes, this PimplePopper.Co product is a perfect match for you.
- Made with synthetic hair (vegan)
- Durable bristles for long-term use
This product uses 100% cruelty-free and vegan-friendly synthetic bristles. Not only is this friendlier to our furry friends, but it also works for having bristles that hold water for longer, making lathering easier and thicker. The bristles work to massage your skin, softening your facial hair before shaving, so you won’t see any more razor burns.
This product knows that it will last long, so it offers a 1-year hassle-free warranty! And if you just change your mind, you can have a refund within 30 days. Shaving may be complicated, but this product is about as basic and stress-free as you can imagine.
What We Love
- It’s 100% vegan!
- It’s budget-friendly.
What We Don’t Love
- Cleaning can take longer than with other brushes due to synthetic bristles.
- It doesn’t come with a stand.
This shaving brush does exactly as advertised, and is perfect for the customer who doesn’t need all of the fancy bells and whistles, or luxurious look.
- The Best Straight Razors for a Precise Shave
- Men’s Electric Shavers – Get a Smooth Shave
- Get the Hipster Look With The Best Beard Trimmers
- The Best Nose Hair Trimmers For Your Every Day Styling
Frequently Asked Questions about Shaving Brushes
Shaving is an important and time-consuming part of most of our lives. As you’re getting up close and personal with your face, a part of you that everyone sees, you need to have confidence that you’re taking care of yourself and keeping an eye on your shaving routine. So, we’ve compiled a list of common questions and answers to give you confidence in every shave!
Why are shaving brushes important?
Shaving brushes are the best and easiest ways to prepare your face before you shave it. It exfoliates your skin and softens the hairs, making for an easier and more comfortable shave. You don’t have to use one every time, but it will certainly make the process easier and more comfortable for you. Here is a quick list of the best benefits!
- It helps you use your shaving soaps/creams more efficiently. You’ll need less product to create a working lather.
- It cleans and exfoliates your face before you do the hard work.
- It takes less time compared to using your hands. Because you’re spreading the product more efficiently, you won’t need to spend too much time worrying about making sure you’ve reached every area.
How do you use a shaving brush?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use your shaving brush.
- Wet your brush by running the brush under warm water. This will prepare bristles to work with shaving cream, soap, or foam. Shake the brush after running under the tap to get rid of any excess water.
- Add shaving cream/foam/soap. Start by putting it in the middle of the brush, or by running it over the soap in a bowl (or the bar if it’s a bar of soap!). You don’t need to use a lot. Once you start lathering, it will spread.
- Work the brush into a lather on your face using circular motions. Add more water if needed. Be sure to cover every area that you’re about to shave in an even manner.
- Once you’ve covered your face, you’re set to shave!
- After you’ve finished shaving and have rinsed your face, rinse your brush! Use cold water and your fingers to get all of the extra soap out of the bristles. Squeeze the brush and shake it out to get rid of any extra water, and put it back in its place.
Are shaving brushes only for the face?
Shaving brushes are typically made for men who shave their faces. You could use a shaving brush on other areas. Those who shave their legs may find that shaving brushes help exfoliate the leg, but it’s not necessary and may not provide benefits worth the extra time, as hands can be used as well.
What are shaving brushes made of?
When it comes to shaving brushes, you’ve got two options: synthetic or natural. Let’s take a better look at each option.
- Synthetic: These are typically made with nylon bristles. They do dry faster and tend to be more durable, but they can also be rougher on the face. They also require less shaving cream or soap to produce a good lather.
- Natural: These are made with animal hair. The most common hairs are from badger and boar, with horsehair also being an option.
While synthetic is a more simple option and are often cheaper, let’s take a dive into the benefits of each kind of natural hair.
- Boar: These are typically cheaper than badger brushes because the hair is easier to acquire. The hair is more coarse, which is not always the most comfortable on the skin.
- Badger: These brushes will hold water in better, providing a more rich lather. There are four grades of badger hair, which are pure/black, best, finest, super, and silvertip.
- Horsehair: The hairs on horsehair brushes tend to be fine and soft, but still stiff compared to badger hair. They are the middle-of-the-pack when it comes to pricing. If you’re concerned about animal cruelty, taking the hair does not harm the horse, as collecting the hair is part of their natural grooming option. So, if you’re not a fan of synthetics but want to stay animal conscious, this is a good option for you.
How important is the brush handle?
The handle is not as important as the bristles, but it still matters. They are typically made with metal, wood, horn, or synthetic. Aesthetic reasons are the most common reason why you should care about the handle. Though, those who use cruelty-free products may want to ensure that their handles are not horn.
Do shaving brushes shed?
Brushes tend to shed a little bit in the beginning, stopping after a handful of uses. Washing your brush and combing through it before use is a good way to prevent the shedding to happen on your face.
How to best care for your shaving brush?
Be sure to give a thorough wash to your shaving brush before your first use. Rinse with warm water before each and every use, and clean them appropriately each time. Ensuring for a proper, full dry after each use is also important. So, don’t lock it up in any closed drawers, as it will not dry fully. Soap residue can also damage the bristles.
When is it time to replace your shaving brush?
Once your bristles won’t stop falling out, you’ll know you’re in need of a new brush.
What causes razor burn and bumps?
Ingrown hair is the most common cause of razor burn. This is when hair curls around and re-enters the skin. Exfoliating is the key to avoiding this. Using a shaving brush is an excellent way of exfoliating and removing dead skin. You can also pluck out ingrown hairs before shaving.
What kind of gel/soap/cream should I be using?
When it comes to what you’re using the brush for, you have a variety of options. Each face may be different and have unique preferences, so here’s a brief rundown of your options!
- Shaving soap: This tends to be the most popular option. Soaps tend to have a larger variety to choose from. It provides your skin with the closest shave but can take longer to apply. You can choose from scented or unscented, but the smells tend to last a shorter time than other options.
- Shaving cream: Shaving creams will have water added to the product, making it easier to lather. So, you won’t need to spend so much time on the application. Shaving creams tend to have a stronger, longer-lasting scent unless you choose to go with the unscented version.
- Shaving foam: This is essentially a shaving cream that comes from a can. They tend to have more chemicals and may irritate your skin easier. So, if you’ve got sensitive skin, consider skipping the canned foam.
- Shaving gel: Shaving gel is dangerous for shaving brushes, as the chemicals can damage bristles easily. They are thicker but are great for sensitive skin.
Shaving brushes may not be an absolute necessity for every shaver, but we certainly think that they make a great addition to your shaving process! You’ll feel more luxurious, and will get to experience the joy of a facial massage before every shave. Once you start to notice a difference in how easy and efficient your shave is, you’ll never go back!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.