If you’ve come looking for the best treadmill for beginners, odds are you’ve recently made the decision to start taking walking or running more seriously! Bringing a treadmill into your home is a big step in taking your fitness to the next level, and it’s only fair that you get the perfect product.
We’ve found our favourite products in search of the best treadmill for beginners that you can buy today. And, since we know you want to start strong, we have also found some important information regarding buying these types of products. So, let’s take a look!
Table of Contents
- The Best Treadmill for Beginners in 2021
- 1. Sportstech F10 Treadmill Model 2020
- 2. Folding Electric Bluetooth Treadmill
- 3. Adjustable Incline Bluetooth Nero PRO Treadmill
- 4. COSTWAY 2-in-1 Folding Treadmill
- 5. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T1407M Foldable Manual Walking Treadmill
- Questions & Answers About the Best Treadmill for Beginners
The Best Treadmill for Beginners in 2021
Eager to see what everybody else is buying? Take a look at the top-selling treadmills for beginners below.
|1||Nero Sports Folding Treadmill Motorised Running Machine Electric...||83 Reviews||£299.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||UMAY LONTEK Treadmill Running Machine for Home and Office,...||52 Reviews||£319.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Adjustable Incline Bluetooth Nero PRO Treadmill Electric...||271 Reviews||£299.99||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Peloton Ultimate Guide For Beginners: Secrets of Peloton Bike ,...||£2.99||Buy on Amazon|
1. Sportstech F10 Treadmill Model 2020
- ✅ 𝗤𝗨𝗜𝗘𝗧: Less-noise and durable 1HP DC motor (under...
- ✅ 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗩𝗜𝗗𝗘𝗢𝗦,...
- ✅ 𝗝𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗧-𝗚𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗟𝗘: 5 layered special...
Do you want a treadmill with all of the bells and whistles, but don’t want to break the bank? This high-quality contender for the best treadmill for beginners may be your best bet.
- It has a quiet motor
- It features an app-compatible multimedia console
- It can fold
Not all of us can just run or walk without encouragement or distraction, especially beginners. This product comes with a function that allows you to connect with the Kinomap and Sportstech app to experience event videos, coaching videos, and a multiplayer mode!
Not sure where you want to keep your treadmill? Whether you’re not set on a location or plan on having to store it when you need more space, this treadmill is easy to move. It has transport wheels and a fast-folding system. You won’t need to struggle to store this treadmill!
One of the reasons many people are hesitant to bring a treadmill into their home is because they’re worried about the noise. And this is a reasonable fear, as treadmills can get noisy! Fortunately, this product won’t. It makes less noise than other leading competitors and noise durable, as long as you’re going under 10km/h.
What We Love
- It’s quiet.
- It’s easy to use while watching training videos.
- It has a wider belt for comfort.
What We Don’t Love
- The maximum user weight is 120kg.
2. Folding Electric Bluetooth Treadmill
- YM Features - Serious fitness - Extremely compact smooth linear...
- - Maxi-Grip belt - Soft-Grip handlebar - smooth linear PowerDriveTM...
- Technical Specifications: Rated Voltage:220/240 V. Rated frequency:50...
While we recommend this treadmill more for the runners, we’re positive that any fitness enthusiast will find some benefits with it.
- It comes with 12 preset workout programs
- It’s compatible with Zwift and Kinomap apps
Do you need a few coaching videos to help you get your groove going? This best treadmill for beginners works with Zwift and Kinomap to help you with everything from tracking to encouragement.
This treadmill has every function that a beginner or intermediate runner could need. This includes 12 preset workout programs, quick speed buttons for easy changes in pace, heart rate pulse sensors, and speed regulators on the handlebars.
You’ll be able to move from 1 to 10km/hour on this treadmill, making it a smart choice for long-distance runners, speed walkers, or the casual jogger.
What We Love
- You can pay extra for full assembly.
- It’s easy to use when training for events.
What We Don’t Love
- It’s a bit pricier than other models.
3. Adjustable Incline Bluetooth Nero PRO Treadmill
- ✔ Bluetooth Connectivity (FREE app download required) - Connects...
- ✔ Log training activity indoor & Outdoor while Running preset google...
- ✔ Adjustable Incline (3 levels) ✔SmartPhone App Control ✔ Smart...
Running, walking, climbing, what more could you need? This best treadmill for beginners lets you do it all!
- It allows for Bluetooth connectivity.
- It comes with a free water bottle.
- It comes with five free e-books on training.
A free app will allow you to connect to Bluetooth, helping you log all of your training. You can also use this feature to run a preset route through Google Maps! This will help any trainer feel less like they’re running indoors, and more like they are getting all that the running world has to offer.
There are three different levels of incline that you can adjust this treadmill to. In addition, there are 12 auto programs and the ability to use manual programming.
And who doesn’t love free stuff? This purchase will include a free water bottle to encourage you to stay hydrated while using the product.
What We Love
- It’s easy to assemble.
- It’s sturdy while running at fast speeds.
What We Don’t Love
- It’s less ideal for taller runners.
4. COSTWAY 2-in-1 Folding Treadmill
- 【Innovative 2-In-1 Folding Treadmill】Compared to ordinary...
- 【Powerful Quiet Motor & Shock Reduction System】With a powerful and...
- 【Non-slip Running Belt & Multifunctional LED Display】5-layer...
Are you an experienced runner but a beginner when it comes to using a treadmill? Well, this product may help make the transition from outdoor to indoor running easier!
- It comes in blue or red.
- The riser can be folded for easier walking modes.
Let’s face it: treadmills are hefty machines. The heavy handrails make these things look pretty big. Not only does that take a lot of extra space, but it also means that you can feel intimidated! This 2-in-1 treadmill allows you to fold the riser, meaning you can walk flat on the machine or with the handrails raised.
You can reach speeds of 1-4km/hour when the riser is folded, which is perfect for a brisk walk or light jogging. With the handrails raised, you’re able to reach speeds of 12km/hour, which is faster than most of the other options on this list for the best treadmill for beginners!
Other important functions of this machine include Bluetooth connectivity, a phone holder, a remote control, and an LED display screen.
What We Love
- The belt is made of non-slip material.
- It’s easy to move and store.
What We Don’t Love
- This treadmill is much pricier than other options.
5. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T1407M Foldable Manual Walking Treadmill
- EXCELLENT CARDIO BENEFITS: This treadmill will help kick start your...
- COMPACT AND ERGONOMIC: This compact, lightweight treadmill is...
- LCD MONITOR: Create goal specific workouts with the LCD monitor that...
We can be honest here. This treadmill lacks some of the features that the other products on our list have had. However, that’s because this treadmill is extremely budget-friendly compared to other products.
Let’s face it, not everybody who is buying a treadmill knows whether or not it’s the right choice for them. So, if you’re hesitant on bringing an expensive product into your home, you can use this choice to determine if it’s right for you!
- It’s compact and easy to move and store.
- It’s non-electric.
Electric treadmills have become the norm over the past few decades, but non-electric treadmills still have their purpose! This product is non-electric, meaning that you get to drive it yourself. This is better for the environment, your power bill, and for placement purposes, as it doesn’t have to be near an outlet!
It may be non-electric, but there is still a digital monitor. This will help you keep track of your time, speed, steps, and calories burned. So, you don’t sacrifice your training by giving up electronic capabilities!
What We Love
- It’s easy to store, fold, and move.
- It’s budget-friendly.
- It’ll help you save on your power bill.
What We Don’t Love
- It’s not great for high-speed running.
- The maximum user weight is only 100kg.
- Best Home Gym Equipment: 10 MUST Have Pieces of Gym Kit!
- The Best Treadmills For Home in 2021 – Run Far in Small Spaces
- How to Use a Treadmill – Your Ultimate Guide to the Most Popular Fitness Machine
- What’s Better an Exercise Bike or Treadmill – A Complete Guide to Help You Choose
- What Is a Manual Treadmill? Our Guide to Running in a Fun New Way
Questions & Answers About the Best Treadmill for Beginners
Everybody needs to start somewhere. And for you, there’s a good chance that you’re starting to use a treadmill for the first time! Whether you’re an experienced runner or have never jogged in your life, we know that checking out this guide is one of your first steps on the way to a new hobby or sport.
Here are some of the most important resources and frequently asked questions when it comes to finding the best treadmill for beginners.
What are the health benefits of using a treadmill?
Some people use treadmills to supplement their running training, while others use it purely to increase your physical fitness. There are various health benefits of using a treadmill, so it’s a great machine to buy if this is your primary goal!
According to the Better Health Channel, running and jogging both bring plenty of benefits. This includes:
- It will strengthen your muscles
- Your bones will get stronger
- You’ll improve your overall cardiovascular fitness levels
Can using a treadmill help you lose weight?
Using a treadmill can definitely help you lose weight!
Weight loss can be tricky, but at the end of the day progress often comes from calories in versus calories out. Using a treadmill will help you burn a lot of calories when done effectively. So, as long as you’re also keeping an eye on your diet and not overeating, treadmill use can kickstart your weight loss.
You don’t have to be a marathon runner to lose weight with a treadmill, either. If you’re a beginner, there are a few other ways to facilitate weight loss. Consider incorporating a few of the following workouts into your routine:
- Long walks at a slight incline
- Slow jogs for longer periods of time
- HIIT workouts where you spend time at fast speeds and slow speeds
Running at 8 km/h, which is considered a slower run or a faster jog, can burn between 240 and 355 calories after 30 minutes.
Walking at about 4 km/hr for 30 minutes can burn between 120 and 178 calories per hour. Don’t let yourself feel down if you can’t run sprinting speeds. As long as your moving, you can burn calories!
Is there a difference between running outside and on a treadmill?
There are various differences between treadmill running and outdoor running. While they both challenge your body, RunnersWorld says that treadmill running is easier than outdoor running. One of the biggest reasons why is because the treadmill belt helps your leg turnover, making higher speeds easier.
Running on a treadmill is also significantly safer for your body compared to running outside. Outdoor running often involves running on concrete and asphalt, which puts more stress on your joints and the tissues in your legs. Meanwhile, the treadmill involves running on a padded surface, which protects you from injuries.
While treadmill running helps to prevent injury, it also limits the ability to “harden” your legs.
There are also some considerations to be made if you’re using a treadmill to prepare for a race or other outdoor event. You’ll miss out on training in different weather situations on the treadmill. Additionally, you’ll have to make up for missing out on hill training.
If you live in a place that’s safe (climate-wise and in terms of physical space), we recommend running outside every once and while.
How can a beginner get used to a treadmill?
Getting used to running on a treadmill can be challenging, especially for beginners. Here are a few tips to help make it easier:
- Watch training videos on your phone/tablet. This can help with general motivation, while also giving you tips on things like your form.
- Watch movies. Do you get bored on the treadmill? Throw on a movie or some YouTube videos to help keep you from getting bored. It will also make the time go faster.
- Drink water before, during, and after. Stay hydrated or else you’ll find yourself feeling the negative effects.
- Bring a sweat towel. Many users are surprised to find out how much they can sweat while on the treadmill! Keep a towel or facecloth nearby to wipe away the sweat.
What features are important when looking at the best treadmill for beginners?
Now that you know a little bit more about running on the treadmill, let’s take a quick look at the actual physical components of the treadmill. Specifically, what features should you be looking out for?
Here are some of the features and functions that you may want to consider having when buying the best treadmill for beginners.
- Electric versus non-electric. Some people swear by the non-electric treadmill. This forces you to have more control over your runs, and it will also save you on electricity. However, the electric treadmill makes it easier to customize your workouts, and preset programs can make it easier for a newer runner.
- LED displays. Knowing your speed, time, and calories burned is pretty important for most runners. Having an LED display with this information is very valuable.
- Phone/tablet/book holders. Having a screen to look at, whether it’s for watching a movie or following a training video, is an important element of treadmill running/walking for many users. If it is for you, always make sure that the product you’re looking at has a place to hold your phone/tablet.
- A water bottle holder. Staying hydrated is important. You should always look for a water bottle holder while treadmill shopping.
- Maximum incline level. Running on a flat surface is certainly easier for most runners, but it can limit their training. Running uphill or walking uphill increases the calories you burn and can better prepare you for outdoor running.
- Maximum speed. Most casual runners won’t run into any problems here, as many treadmills are equipped for speeds of up to 10 km/h. However, sprinters will need to look for a treadmill that lets you go even faster than the casual runner.
- Maximum user weight. If you are on a weight loss journey, you’ll want to know what weight limit your dream treadmill has. Some have limits as low as 100kg, while others allow almost any weight to use their treadmill. Take a look at the number on the product before you buy it if you’re worried.
You are a beginner, and so it’s only right that you find the absolute best treadmill for beginners! Otherwise, you may end up with an overpriced machine that’s not suited to your needs. We hope that this guide has helped you feel better equipped and more informed to make a decision that’s right for your needs! Now, hop on that treadmill and get moving!