Image courtesy of Unsplash.
Are you just starting out on your golfing journey? Golf clubs can be expensive. While buying the most costly set may make you feel more advanced, you may not need such an extravagant set as a beginner. So, we’ve found the best golf clubs for beginners UK edition.
Not only will an advanced set of golf clubs cost more, but it may also prevent you from learning. New golfers need clubs that work with their skill levels to help teach them how to advance. Here are all the best golf clubs for beginners UK so that you can get started the right way!
1. Wilson Women’s Stretch Golf Club 9-Club Set with Cart Bag
- Wilson complete set of 9 golf clubs for women (right hand) with cart...
- Wilson cart bag with 5 compartments, upper grip and collapsible stand,...
- Wilson Stretch XL golf clubs: Driver with 10.5 Degree loft for long,...
Not only is this women’s best golf clubs for beginners UK set great for improving your skills, but it’s also a stylish set!
- Your purchase comes with a cart bag.
- It comes with a variety of necessary clubs.
This set is a perfect choice for any woman who is a beginner to golf. You will receive a driver, 5 wood, 6 hybrid, 7, 8, and 9 irons, a pitching wedge, a sand wedge, and a putter. Each wood club is made with titanium and steel, and the irons are made with stainless steel.
The included cart bag has 5 compartments, an upper grip, and a collapsable stand. There are also rings for hanging your important accessories like your golf towel or gloves.
The sellers make it incredibly easy to customize your choice. You can select right or left-handed clubs, and pick from the extended or standard length before making your purchase.
What we love:
- It’s great for beginners and casual golfers.
- It has all the important clubs you’ll need from the beginning.
What we don’t love:
- It’s not budget-friendly compared to competitors.
2. Ben Sayers Right-Handed M1i Junior Package Set with Stand Bag
- Reinforced, high-lofted driver (14°) featuring a weighted sole plate...
- Two irons (a combined 7/9 iron and a P/S wedge) - a sleek club head...
- Mid-kick graphite shafts on the driver and irons ensure that it is...
Are you interested in trying out golf but aren’t sure if you’re ready to spend hundreds? Then this is the go-to option for you!
- You can choose from blue or orange.
- It comes with a stand bag.
This purchase will come with a high-lofted driver, 2 irons (a combined iron and wedge), and a mallet-style putter. The driver also comes with a head cover. Each club is designed to have the highest quality design. The driver and irons have graphite shafts to make it easier to get your ball airborne.
The stand bag has a 4-way divider and a putter pit. This makes it easier to store your clubs and position them in ways that are easier to transport. Your choice of blue or orange will impact the colour of the bag and the head cover for the driver.
What we love:
- It’s budget-friendly.
- It’s a perfect starter set of clubs for those who are brand new to the sport.
What we don’t love:
- There are fewer clubs that come with this purchase compared to other options.
3. Longridge Challenger Cadet Junior Golf Package
- Hybrid 4
- 3 Irons - #7, #9 and PW
This best golf clubs for beginners UK set may look advanced, but it’s a beginner-friendly purchase!
- It comes with a stand bag and a head cover.
- It’s perfect for adult players and youth over 12.
You get a driver, 3 irons, and a putter with the Longridge Challenger set. Each club is designed to be more lightweight than more advanced clubs, making it easier to get a speedy swing.
These clubs will work for youth and adults, depending on the height of the user. Each club is made to help you advance your skills, as the makers know that not everyone is born a golfing champion. They can help you get used to the clubs and the game while remaining top-quality clubs.
What we love:
- The design of the clubs make them easy to get used to.
- The bag is a vibrant, fun colour.
What we don’t love:
- They aren’t ideal for taller players.
4. Wilson Men’s Stretch Golf Club 10-Club Set with Stand Bag
- Wilson complete set of 10 extended length (+1 Inch) golf clubs for men...
- Wilson stand bag with 5 compartments, upper grip and collapsible...
- Wilson Stretch XL golf clubs with graphite shafts: Driver with 10.5...
Do you already know that you like golfing, but haven’t gone out on a limb and bought your own set yet? This purchase of the best golf clubs for beginners UK comes with enough gear to get you feeling more confident.
- The seller makes customisation easy.
- You get 10 high-quality clubs.
- A stand bag is included.
We recommend this set to anyone who knows a little bit about golf but has yet to take the leap and start trying to train more seriously. Each club is made with high-quality material to make the most out of your training.
You will receive a driver, 3 wood, 5 hybrid, 6-9 irons, a pitching wedge, a sand wedge, and a putter with this 10-piece set. The stand bag also has dual shoulder straps and is made to be lightweight, helping you carry your 10 clubs with ease.
Wilson makes customisation simple with this easy-to-choose set of questions. You can choose to buy left or right-hand orientation, graphite or steel shaft material, and standard or extended length clubs.
What we love:
- Every club that a beginner could need is included.
- The clubs are durable.
What we don’t love:
- It’s not budget-friendly.
5. Precise M5 Ladies Womens Complete Right Handed Golf Clubs
- Includes Titanium Driver, Fairway Wood, Hybrid, 5-PW Irons, Putter,...
- 460cc Titanium Driver! Stainless Steel Woods and Irons
- Ultra Light High Modulus 100% Graphite Shaft for all clubs!
The extremely pink design is a great choice for the feminine golfer. Not only is it an appealing set of clubs, but it’s a strong one, too!
- Each club and the bag has a unique pink design.
- Each club has a 100% granite shaft.
The PreciseGolf co. set includes a titanium driver, a fairway wood, a hybrid, 5-PW irons, a putter, a stand bag, and 3 H/Cs. Each club is made for the right-handed player and built with stainless steel and a graphite shaft.
The deluxe dual-strap golf bag is designed to match the colourful clubs. There are also headcovers, too, so that you can keep your set clean and safe when it’s not in use.
What we love:
- The bright pink design.
What we don’t love:
- They are only available in right-handed clubs.
Best Golf Clubs for Beginners UK Questions and Answers
If you’re taking a look at our list for the best golf clubs for beginners UK then there’s a good chance that you’re still learning about golf and golf clubs. We’ve made the learning process even easier with our list of the most frequently asked questions (with answers)!
Is golf considered a sport?
Golf is definitely a sport! The game is played in the Summer Olympics, too.
While you can certainly play golf for leisure, it is also common to play it competitively. Most golf courses will hold regular tournaments for players of all ages and levels.
Is golf a good exercise?
Golfing is a much slower activity than most sports. So, many non-players will assume that it’s not a good exercise. While you may spend most of your time on the green standing around or waiting, golfing is still a great exercise when done in certain ways.
Golf holes are far away from each other. Unless you have your own golf cart, there’s a good chance that you’re doing a lot of walking. Some studies say that you can burn up to 900 calories just from walking and swinging during an 18-hole game of golf. It’s also an easy way to get 10,000 steps in a single day!
Does exercise make golfing easier?
You don’t need to have huge muscles or be incredibly slim to excel at golf. However, there are some benefits to staying in shape.
Having the endurance to walk around on a golf course is incredibly important. If you find that you get out of breath while walking between hitting your ball, then you may want to spend some more time working on your cardio. Try taking brisk walks or slow runs on the days that you are not golfing.
Having a stronger core and back can also make swinging your best golf clubs for beginners UK easier. Exercises as simple as sit-ups and planks can go a long way when it comes to boosting your golf game!
What best golf clubs for beginners UK should you start off with?
The three most important golf clubs for any player to have are the putter, the driver, and the wedge. When looking at the best golf clubs for beginners UK, it’s important to know which clubs are considered essential.
A putter is used for when you need to get your ball a short distance away without picking up too much speed. This is often when you are trying to get the ball into the hole when you are close enough.
A driver, which is often the longest club, is used for when you need to get the ball across a longer distance. You use this club to get the ball airborne and to have it move quickly and far away from you.
A wedge is a club that’s used for some shorter shots, pitching, chipping, or getting it out of a bunker (like a sandpit).
How many golf clubs are you allowed to have?
You can keep up to 14 clubs in your bag. However, many players (especially beginners) will not need this many!
What are some common golf terms?
The language of golf can be confusing to new players. So, here are some of the most commonly used terms in golf!
- The green: This is the area of grass that surrounds the golf hole. It is typically kept well mowed and soft by maintenance.
- The rough: This is the area that surrounds the green. The grass is not kept as neat as the green, and so the grass is much longer and may be filled with bushes or trees.
- A golf tee: The small peg made of wood that is used to hold your golf ball. You place your ball on a tee at the beginning of the hole.
- The tee box: The area where you can place your golf tee to start a new hole.
- Fairway: The area on the course that leads you to the green.
- Bunker: This is a ditch filled with sand. They tend to be common on golf courses and will require a specific club to get a ball out from this rea.
- Hazards: This is anything that can disrupt your game including trees or areas of water.
- Stroke: Each non-practice swing that you make toward your golf ball is called a stroke. Counting your strokes is how you keep track of your points during the game.
What are the different terms for golf scores?
In addition to the terms used on the golf course, the names for keeping count are another thing you’ll want to learn. It’s not as simple as counting points!
- Ace: This is the most well-known term, meaning a hole in one.
- Par: This is considered the “standard” for how many strokes you should make before getting your ball into the hole.
- Eagle: When you get your ball in the hole with 2 strokes under the par for that hole.
- Birdie: When you get the ball in the hole with only a single stroke under par.
- Bogey: This is when you get one stroke above the par for the specific hole.
- Double Bogey: When you take 2 strokes after par to get the ball in the hole.
- Triple Bogey: When you get the ball in the hole 3 strokes above par.
Is there any important golf etiquette to learn?
As with any sport, there are a few things that aren’t necessarily “rules”, but are still important to learn. Here are some of the most important things to know about the etiquette of playing golf.
- You should not talk when someone is swinging their clubs to hit the ball.
- You should not walk between a person’s ball and the hole.
- Wait for other players to finish a hole before starting to play it yourself.
- Act appropriately when you get a good (or bad) score.
- If you have reserved a specific time to play at the course, be on time. Being late can cause problems for the people who have reserved time after you.
- Be respectful of the ground. If you make a shot that causes the grass or dirt to come up, try your best to repair it.
- Don’t play loud music on the golf course. Some courses have rules to prevent this, but playing loud music can be distracting to the people you are playing with and anyone around you.
- Don’t litter. Put any trash in your golf bag until you can dispose of it appropriately.
What should you wear while playing golf?
Since golf is not a typical workout, it’s not appropriate to wear gym-friendly attire. In addition to having the best golf clubs for beginners UK, there are some outfit considerations to be made.
Collared polo shirts (long or short sleeve) are customary for men and women while playing golf. They make them in athletic material to help you stay dry. It is also common to tuck them into your pants.
Shorts or slacks are appropriate for your bottoms. Do not wear sweatpants or leggings.
There are specific shoes made for golfing. They will either have soft spikes or be spikeless. You should wear socks with your golf shoes.
While not often required during casual golfing, it’s also common to wear a belt. Baseball hats or visors are also very common to see on golf courses and are a good idea to stay safe from the sun.
Is golfing safe?
Golfing is a non-contact sport. You also don’t have as many risks from the actual physical aspects, as it is not high-intensity. There are, however, a few risks.
There is always the small risk that a golf ball may hit you. If you hear someone yell “fore”, then you should duck or be on the lookout for a ball coming at you. If you hit a ball that may hit someone, you should also yell “fore” to warn them.
Falling into a hazard is another risk. If you are playing in an area with a lot of hazards, especially water hazards, make sure that you are aware of your surroundings.
Golf carts are one of the most dangerous elements of golf. If you are driving the cart, or are with someone who is, remember to be aware of your surroundings and speed.
Accidentally hitting someone with one of your best golf clubs for beginners UK can also be a risk. Always make sure that nobody is standing close to you when you’re about to make a stroke.
Finally, the sun can be dangerous while playing golf. You are in an outdoor area with minimal shade for hours. Be sure that you are wearing sunscreen and a hat (as needed). You should also be staying hydrated.
Feeling more prepared to play a great game of golf? Few sports have such important tools as golf does. Your clubs can make or break your game and your ability to learn. So, having the best golf clubs for beginners UK is incredibly important for any aspiring golfer!
- How to Hide a Waist Trainer Under Clothes – Your Complete Guide To Looking Fit and Fantastic
- Best Rowing Machines – Upgrade Your Fitness Routine Today!
- What Is a Manual Treadmill? Our Guide to Running in a Fun New Way
- The Best Junior Golf Clubs Age 3-5 – Start Swinging Early!
- Exercise Bike Benefits – Why You Should Be Riding One Today
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.