There’s no better aroma than that of the freshly baked bread… Life without bread is almost impossible. But, what many people find concerning nowadays are all those unpronounceable ingredients found in store-bought loaves. If you’d like to hop on the home bread-baking train, but you don’t just have enough time to bake bread the old-fashioned way, brace yourself for some good news.
We have prepared a list of the five best bread makers currently available on the market that will allow you to bake bread in a matter of minutes. All you need to do is add all the ingredients into the machine and push a few buttons. The bread maker will do all the work for you.
Besides making the list of the best bread maker machines, we have also prepared some tips that will help you choose the model that will suit all your needs.
Table of Contents
- Best Bread Maker Models on the Market in 2021
- How Much Do Bread Makers Cost?
- The Best Bread Maker Models
- What to Look for When Buying a Bread Maker?
Best Bread Maker Models on the Market in 2021
|1||Morphy Richards Fastbake Breadmaker 3 Loaf Sizes, Gluten Free,...||3,240 Reviews||£59.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Panasonic SD-2500WXC Compact Breadmaker with Gluten Free...||1,617 Reviews||£99.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Russell Hobbs 23620 Compact Fast Breadmaker, 660 W, Black||1,937 Reviews||£60.00||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Panasonic SD-2511WXC Fully Automated Breadmaker with Nut...||1,484 Reviews||£129.00||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Morphy Richards Homebake Breadmaker 502001 White||656 Reviews||£85.00||Buy on Amazon|
|6||Russell Hobbs Breadmaker with Fast-Bake Function 18036 - White||984 Reviews||£79.99||Buy on Amazon|
How Much Do Bread Makers Cost?
Image Courtesy of Bake Best Bread
This all depends on the model of the bread maker. Some basic units will cost you about £40. But, if you’re looking for an advanced model that comes packed with amazing features, then be prepared to pay up to £250.
After seeing the price tags, you may be tempted to settle down for an affordable model. Of course, it will do its job and help you bake bread without putting in too much time or effort. But, the end result will be a regular (but still delicious) white loaf of bread. But, if you want to make artisan, gluten-free, or maybe even raising bread, you’ll need to invest some extra cash. Best bread maker models, on the other hand, come with many choices and advanced features such as quick bake, pre-programmed settings, or ingredient dispensers.
The bottom line is that affordable bread makers are still quality models that will do their job properly. But, if you’re looking to bake more than just plain white bread, consider investing in a more advanced model.
The Best Bread Maker Models
1. AUCMA Automatic Breadmaker
- Makes a 1.4lb and 1.7lb Loaf.
- Light, medium, dark crust setting.
- 12 program settings including making dough.
This product from AUCMA is one of the best bread maker models available on the market. It features 12 programs that allow you to make many different types of bread, ranging from the regular white bread to French, sweet, and gluten-free. This appliance can also be used for making jam, cake, and pizza dough.
There are three browning colors available and you can choose between light, medium and dark. In addition, the bread maker features a quick bake option when you’re in a pinch and need to have bread in under an hour.
When it comes to other advanced features, there is also the delay timer function which allows you to delay the baking of your bread for twelve hours. The keep warm feature will keep your bread warm for one hour. The pan features anti-sticking coating and it is removable for easier cleaning. The bread maker also features a nut dispenser and transparent window so you could check on your bread.
The best part about this bread maker? It is beginner friendly! Even if you have never baked anything in your life, you’ll be able to serve your guests a tasty loaf of bread every time.
What We Like:
- A high-quality bread maker that comes with 12 baking programs;
- The delay timer allows you to choose the time of baking
- The keep warm option keeps the bread warm for up to an hour;
- The bread maker can be used for baking pizza, cakes, and even cooking jam;
- The model is beginner-friendly and can be used by anyone.
What We Don’t Like:
- Some users complained that they didn’t get soft, tasty bread even after following instructions.
2. Russell Hobbs 23620 Compact Fast Breadmaker
- 12 functions including: French, Gluten Free, Jam, Whole Wheat
- 55 minute fast bake
- 13 hr delay bake timer
Russell Hobbs 23620 is one of the best bread maker models that are compact in size. The unit features 12 baking programs, including whole wheat, French, gluten-free, and even jam. In addition, there is the 55-minute fast bake function that allows you to quickly whip up a loaf of bread in case of some unannounced guests (or feeling extra hungry all of a sudden). You can use this bread maker to bake 500g, 700g, and 1kg loaves.
In case you want a warm loaf of bread waiting for you when you come home from work, you can use the 13hr delay timer and choose when the bread will start baking. In addition, the keep warm feature will keep your bread freshly-baked for up to an hour. This nifty little bread maker hasn’t left anything to chance and even features a crust control function allows you to select from 3 settings of how dark you would like your crust.
Unlike many other bread makers, this one features a seven-minute power cut-off memory function. In case the bread maker gets unplugged or switched of, it will continue baking from where it was stopped. Last but not least, cleaning the bread maker is easy as the kneading blades and the non-stick pan are dishwasher safe.
What We Like:
- A high-quality bread maker that comes with 12 different baking programs;
- The fast bake function takes only 55 minutes to bake a loaf of bread;
- You can choose the size of your bread – 500g, 700g, 1kg;
- The delay timer and keep warm features make baking easy;
- The kneading blades and the non-stick pan are dishwasher safe.
What We Don’t Like:
- The manufacturer included bread recipes, but they do not give perfect results. It is recommended not to rely on the recipes.
3. Panasonic SD-2500WXC Compact Breadmaker
- Ten bread and dough modes
- Jam and compote mode; Three different loaf sizes
- Dimensions [mm]: Width 260 x Height 370 x Depth 390
The Panasonic SD-2500WXC bakes a variety of loaves in three different sizes. It comes with a timer and pause function, with a slender convenient shape. But, the most remarkable feature that makes this product one of the best bread maker models is the 25 different baking settings. Yes, you read that number right!
There are ten different bread and dough modes and you can use the model’s even for making jam and Jam and Compote Mode you to make jams at home. There are even 8 jam and 6 compote recipes available in the device’s operating instructions to help you along the way.
The 100% Gluten Free bread program allows you to bake gluten-free loaves, using a wide range of gluten free bread mixes and flours. This bread maker allows you to enjoy freshly baked bread that is tailored specifically to your taste and needs.
What many users love about this bread maker is its Speciality Mode. It allows you to use various grains and flours to make bread, such as spelt flour. In addition, there are three settings of note: Rye, Brioche, Italian.
What We Like:
- A high-quality model that comes with 25 different settings;
- Produces an impressively light, soft and fluffy rapid loaf;
- The gluten-free loaf is tasty with a relatively good consistency;
- You can choose the size and the crust color;
- Comes with a number of recipes suitable for both beginners and more adventurous bakers.
What We Don’t Like:
- The bread maker struggles to mix the gluten-free dough adequately, leaving patches of flour on the sides.
4. Morphy Richards Fastbake Breadmaker
- Makes a 1 lb, 1.5 lb and 2 lb loaf
- Fastbake setting - bakes a 2 lb loaf in under 1 hour
- Choice of 12 settings and 13 hour programmable timer
The Morphy Richards Fastbake is one of the best bread maker models, especially when it comes to baking bread in a hurry. This bread maker allows you to bake a loaf in 58 minutes without compromising its quality too much. The loaf is quite likely to end up bit pale on top, but having said that the model produces a fresh loaf from scratch in under an hour, it is still quite impressive.
What makes this model stand out from all the rest is that it makes a perfect white loaf, even when following the manufacturers recipe. It also does a great job when it comes to other bread options. The clear viewing window allows you to monitor the baking process without having to open the machine. With 12 programs to choose from, the model also includes more than 30 recipes that include a lot of different breads, doughs, jam and cake. The delay timer can be set for up to 13 hours, meaning you can set it up the bread maker in the evening and wake up to the smell of fresh bread and a lovely loaf for breakfast.
Overall, if you decide to invest in this bread maker, you’ll be getting a versatile model that’s also easy to use and comes at a great price.
What We Like:
- A high-quality, versatile bread maker that comes with 12 different programs;
- The fast bake feature bakes a loaf of bread in 58 minutes;
- The delay timer allows you to set up the bread maker 13 hours in advance;
- The model is convenient and easy to use;
- The manufacturer provided more than 30 recipes for different types of breads, doughs, jams, and cakes.
What We Don’t Like:
- The display screen doesn’t illuminate, making it a bit harder to see.
5. Tower T11003 Digital Bread Maker
- Includes 12 automatic programs to easily make white bread, whole wheat...
- Crust control function allows you to choose from either a light,...
- The 13-hour programmable timer is easy to use and will get your loaf...
Tower T11003 is one of the best digital bread makers. It comes with 12 automatic programs, which offer a variety of options for baking white bread, French bread, whole wheat bread and an ultra-fast function that allows you to make a loaf in under an hour.
The bread maker features a crust control setting that allows you to choose from of low, medium or dark crust, producing delicious results for a variety of different bread types. An easy to use 13-hour programmable timer will ensure your loaf has the right consistency and is ready to serve whenever you need it.
The bread pan is non-stick and it can be removed for easy cleaning. There’s also a viewing window that provides a clear view of the baking progress. Baking bread just got a whole lot easier!
What We Like:
- A high-quality digital bread maker that comes with 12 baking programs;
- The 13-hour delay timer will have the bread ready whenever you need it;
- The bread pan is non-stick and removable for easy cleaning;
- The viewing window allows you to monitor the baking process.
What We Don’t Like:
- The paddle may stick to the bread once it’s baked, ripping parts of the loaf out.
What to Look for When Buying a Bread Maker?
Image Courtesy of Good Housekeeping
As you start searching for the best bread maker for your needs, you’ll notice that these appliances come in various shapes, sizes, and that they are packed with many different features. To help you make up your mind, here are the features you should pay attention to when choosing a bread maker.
Just like every other appliance, bread makers come in different sizes. The size of the model doesn’t only matter in terms of the space it will take up in your kitchen but also the size of the loaf it can bake. In general, the best bread maker models can bake 1- and 2-pound loafs. If you plan to bake for yourself only, then the smaller model will be just fine. Those who plan to cook for an entire family should consider investing in a larger model.
- The Best Kettles for the Perfect Brew
- 5 Perfect Bread Mixers To Help You Make The Best Slice of Bread
- The Best Juicers To Help You Live A Healthy Life
- The 5 Best Air Fryers To Evolve Your Mealtimes
There are two different loaf shapes you can get. The majority of the models comes with a square inner bread pan that, of course, allows you to bake square loaves. However, there are also models that allow you to make the “traditional” horizontal loaves that look just like the ones you can buy in stores.
Automatic Ingredient Dispenser
Automatic ingredient dispenser is a small basket in which you can place add-ins such as yeast, nuts, chocolate, and many others. The best bread maker models come with this feature and the appliance itself adds the ingredients automatically at the right time. If a bread maker doesn’t come with this feature, then you’ll have to stop the kneading process and add the ingredients manually.
A delay timer allows you to choose the exact time when you want your bread to start baking. So, this means that you can add all the ingredients, set the timer, and leave home. When you return, a fresh loaf of bread will be waiting for you.
Bread Maker Settings
Are you interested in making different types of bread? To be able to do that, you’ll need a machine that has appropriate settings that will allow you to make all sorts of bread including wheat, whole grain, French bread, and even gluten-free bread. There are even some models that have nonbread settings.
Image Courtesy of What’s Cooking Dad
If you want to be able to check on the progress of baking without having to open the lid of the maker, then look for a model that comes with a viewing window. This feature is not an absolute necessity, but it is useful and it also affects the bread maker design.
Some of the best bread maker models come with a neat feature that allows you to keep your bread warm for up to an hour after it has finished baking.
All bread makers come with kneading paddles. However, some models have one while others have two paddles. What’s the difference? Well, dual paddles will do a better job of kneading horizontal loaves. However, a single paddle is fine for vertical loaves. Keep in mind that dual paddles tend to be more expensive.
Some models come with removable or collapsible paddles. Usually, a bread baked in a bread maker has a hole in the base where the kneading blade sat during the baking process. Some manufacturers eliminated this problem by adding collapsible or removable paddles.
- Pre-programmed settings. Some of the best bread maker models come with plenty of pre-programmed setting such as wheat bread, sourdough bread, or gluten-free. Also, advanced models allow you to choose the crust shade alternative (light, medium, dark) as well as some nonbread settings such as pizza dough and jam.
- Gluten-free setting. A great number of bread makers comes with the gluten-free setting. However, if you plan to bake only gluten-free breads, then look for a model that puts that feature as a priority, not just some side addition.
- Quick baking. If you’re in a rush, this feature will come quite in handy. Usually, the ‘quick baking’ option allows you to have a baked loaf in an hour or even less. But, keep in mind that the quality of bread will be noticeably lower when this feature is used.
Making bread just got a whole lot easier. Once you get one of the best bread maker models available, you will always have a fresh and warm loaf of bread waiting for you. In addition, a bread maker will allow you to experiment with different types of bread, until you find the one you like the most. And, you can also use this appliance to bake cakes, pizzas, and even make jam!