Home safety products are there to ensure that intruders stay away, and the only ones getting inside are those who are allowed in. Outdoor security lights are one of many products to ensure that safety!
Table of Contents
- In a hurry? Take a look at the best security lights on the market 2021!
- Navigate our Outdoor Security Lights Guide!
- 1. NICREW Battery Powered Security Light
- 2. MEIKEE 10W Security Lights with Motion Sensor
- 3. LITOM 300 LED Solar Lights Outdoor
- 4. SOLLA LED Security Light
- 5. SANSI Security Lights with Motion Sensor
- Outdoor Security Lights Questions & Answers
- Why should I have outdoor security lights?
- What does it mean for an outdoor security light to be motion sensor activated?
- What are the differences between floodlights and spotlights?
- What are my different lighting options?
- What important factors should I be considering?
- What other home safety products are out there?
In a hurry? Take a look at the best security lights on the market 2021!
|1||FITFORT Alarm Clock Wake Up Light-Sunrise/Sunset Simulation Table...||6,811 Reviews||£26.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Alarm Clocks Wake Up Light with Sunrise/Sunset Simulation Dual...||1,669 Reviews||£34.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Philips Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock Coloured Sunrise Simulation, 5...||5,129 Reviews||£89.99||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Alarm Clock Wake Up Light- Light Alarm Clock with Sunrise/Sunset...||1,796 Reviews||£29.99||Buy on Amazon|
|5||COULAX Wake Up Light Wood Grain Sunrise Alarm Clock Sunset...||1,065 Reviews||£33.14||Buy on Amazon|
|6||Philips Sleep and Wake-up Light with Relax Breath||289 Reviews||£134.99||Buy on Amazon|
If you want to add a product to your home set-up that will make you feel safer and more confident in your ability to protect your family, outdoor security lights are the way to go. They’re inexpensive and make a big impact. So, here are the best outdoor security lights that you can buy online right now!
1. NICREW Battery Powered Security Light
- Super Bright:Max light output 600 lumens. Lights up your entire...
- Motion Sensor Activated: The spotlight instantly turns on when it...
- Auto Shut Off: Nicrew spotlight turns off automatically after 20...
This set of lights is not only an easy way to brighten up your entire home area but it’s an affordable way, too.
- You can choose between a pack of 1 or 2 lights.
- It’s motion sensor activated.
These lights are bright enough to light up your entire area, whether it’s your driveway, garden, back yard, or more. The light output itself is 600 lumens. You can choose between buying a pack of 1 or 2 lights. So, if you’ve got a back and front yard, or a side yard that needs lighting, you won’t have to buy them separately!
The lights use a motion sensor activation technology. These go off when motion is detected up to 18 feet away. If there is no motion for 20 seconds, they will go off. This is done to conserve battery energy. Though, with the energy-efficient LED lights being used, you can rest assured that you’re already conserving energy.
What We Love
- It’s budget-friendly.
- They are easy to install.
What We Don’t Love
- The required batteries make the lights heavy.
2. MEIKEE 10W Security Lights with Motion Sensor
- 【 Newly Upgraded Motion Sensor 】: Outdoor security lights with...
- 【 Impact Resistance & Durability 】: The lampshade of MEIKEE 10W...
- 【 2 Working Modes 】: As a sensor floodlight, it has two working...
The MEIKEE outdoor security lights come in a variety of options for watts and are designed to fit all of your unique needs.
- They’re built to withstand all types of weather.
- They’re energy-efficient.
Technology is constantly updating, and this brand knows that. So, they’re consistently upgrading the features that they use! Their latest version of outdoor security lights uses a new toggle switch to ensure that this version lasts even longer. Not only is it waterproof, but it’s also made with a protective cover, anti-fall, and anti-scratch resistance.
This light is day or night adjustable. The “sun” feature can work at any time, whereas the “moon” feature can only work at night. It senses distance up to 12m away and operates at a 120-degree lighting angle. So, you can rest assured that what you need to see will be visible at any hour!
What We Love
- It’s long-lasting, and won’t break if you drop it.
- It’s budget-friendly.
What We Don’t Love
- It can be tricky to install.
3. LITOM 300 LED Solar Lights Outdoor
- 【300 LED SUPER BRIGHT SOLAR LIGHTS】 Equipped with 300 super bright...
- 【ACCURATE PIR MOTION SENSOR LIGHT】 Built-in a sensitive light...
- 【PLEASANT GRADUAL TURN ON & 3 INTELLIGENT LIGHTING MODES】LITOM...
Do you have a big yard that needs to be illuminated? Whether you’re using this product for security or just for some strong lighting, it’ll work with you.
- It features 3 different lighting modes.
- It’s waterproof.
LITOM has created a product that’s intensely bright and covers a wide range. The 270-degree angle is big enough to light up your yard, your swimming pool, or your entire driveway if needed. It uses 300 LED beads to ensure that it’s bright enough. Though, you can also choose from a set of lighting options. The options include a strong light, a dim light, or a medium light, all activated by a sensor.
These lights are powered by solar power, making it a green-friendly product. It’s better for the environment, as it reduces carbon emission. This means that you’ll also save on your electricity bill!
What We Love
- It’s an easy product to install.
- The total area that it covers is perfect for bigger homes.
What We Don’t Love
- It needs to have time to be powered with solar energy. So, you can’t install and expect it to start working right away.
4. SOLLA LED Security Light
- 【BRIGHT & ENERGY SAVING】This 2-head light produces 1600 lumens...
- 【MOTION-SENSING】Built-in motion and dusk-to-dawn sensor,...
- 【3 Optional Modes】TIME Mode, SENS Mode, TEST Mode, you can choose...
The Solla security lights use LED lighting while still working towards cutting down your energy bill.
- It uses a 2-head light to ensure maximum lighting.
- It has a 15m range.
The 2-head design of this product ensures that you can rotate your light to face a variety of angles. They can be pointed in the same direction, or opposite directions meaning that you can have your entire yard illuminated with one product.
This product allows you to adjust the sensitivity levels with an easy-to-operate switch. It also allows you to choose from 3 modes, including a time mode, a sensitivity mode, and a test mode. No matter what you’re using this product for, you can rest assured that it’ll work for you. And if you don’t think it’s a great fit, you can take advantage of the 2-year warranty.
What We Love
- Solla’s customer service is outstanding.
- The range is very far.
What We Don’t Love
- Installation can be tricky.
5. SANSI Security Lights with Motion Sensor
- 180 ° adjustable: PIR security lights has a high light output of 1800...
- Best motion detector: Motion security light has 4 working modes that...
- 50,000 hours lifespan: This twin led floodlight with motion detector...
This budget-friendly product provides everything that you’d need when it comes to outdoor security lights.
- It will last for 50,000 hours.
- You’re offered a 2-year warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Ceramic LEDs are used in this outdoor security light product. This is done to ensure that your quality of lighting won’t change throughout the years that it will be installed in your home. The lighting is also adjustable, with a dusk and dawn sensing feature, as well as a time mode.
The detection range can work up to 16m when installed at a proper height. With the time mode, you can allow your area to remain illuminated for up to 10 minutes after movement is detected. So, you’ll never have to worry about unwanted visitors in your yard again.
What We Love
- The time mode allows you to keep the lights activated for longer than most other products.
- It’s easy to install.
What We Don’t Love
- It’s not optimal in all weather conditions.
- Best Solar Security Light to Keep You Safe at Night
- The Best SAD Lights For Your Seasonal Health
- Lights to Help Start Your Day – The Best Wake-Up Lights
Outdoor Security Lights Questions & Answers
You’re probably starting to think of a few questions you may have about outdoor security lights. Fortunately, we have the answers for you! You don’t want to be purchasing any product meant for security without a little bit of background information. So, here are those questions answered.
Why should I have outdoor security lights?
The biggest answer to this is in the question. Security! Having this additional type of lighting in your home can be a huge deterrent for potential intruders or yard thieves. If a potential trouble maker even steps foot in your lawn, your lights will go off. This can alert them that they are being watched, or have them assume that you’re home and turned the lights on yourself.
Having outdoor security lights is also one of the cheaper options when it comes to safety. Security gates or cameras can be expensive. Lighting may not be the safest option 100% of the time, but they’re a big enough deterrent that you may not need to spend money on other security features.
Outdoor security lights can also be used for a variety of other purposes. Many of them are designed to cast a pretty big area of light in your yard. This can be used for things like nighttime swimming or sports. It can also help light the way when you come home or are taking out the trash late at night.
What does it mean for an outdoor security light to be motion sensor activated?
You wouldn’t want to keep your lights on all night. Not only would that be pricey on your electricity bills, but it would be annoying to anyone who lives nearby. Motion sensor lights mean that they’re turned on by motion. So, whether it’s a person or an animal walking in your yard, the lights will come on. Most lights will turn off shortly after when the motion has stopped entirely. Others allow you to set up a timer so that it will stay on for long after the motion has stopped.
All products will have a certain range on them. This is the distance where motion can enter the grid and be recognized by the light. If you’ve got a bigger yard, you may want to look for products with a wider range. Though, for smaller areas, almost any light will do the trick.
What are the differences between floodlights and spotlights?
Floodlights offer a wide range of bright lighting. They literally “flood” space with light. So, they’re great for wide yards or long driveways. They can also be useful if you intend to use your outdoor security lights for nighttime activities like swimming or other leisure activities.
Spotlights offer a much smaller beam of light. They shine in one direction or directly on a specific spot. They can be useful for smaller outdoor areas, like a back deck or a small pathway. Though, many outdoor security lights that use spotlights will have multiple bulbs that allow you to project lighting in different directions.
What are my different lighting options?
Lighting has evolved to be far more than a basic type of technology. You’ve got plenty of options to pick from. It’ll all boil down to how big your yard is, and what features are important to you. Here are some of the most common lighting options when it comes to outdoor security lights.
- LED lights. LED, or light-emitting diode lights, are a great choice for any lighting appliance that you’re after. They’re energy-efficient and long-lasting. They don’t produce heat, which means you won’t waste energy, nor will they be a fire hazard. They’re also environmentally friendly.
- Solar-powered lights. This is the most environmentally friendly option that you can choose from. They pull in light from the sun, therefore decreasing your energy bill and requiring little maintenance. They’re a great option. Though, they will require a bit of time to be able to produce incredibly bright lighting. So, if you’re buying your product with the intent to use it the same day, you might not want to go green.
- Incandescent lights. When you think about a basic light-bulb, incandescent light is likely what you’re picturing. They have been the most common type of light bulb for years. They can work under motion sensor technology. Though, as they aren’t very energy efficient or environmentally friendly, they’re not as common when it comes to outdoor security lights.
What important factors should I be considering?
Our yards and home spaces are unique. So, when buying outdoor security lights, you’ll have to take plenty of things into consideration. Here are a few things to think about when choosing what product is right for you:
- What areas do you want to be lit? If you live in a smaller space, you might only want a small walkway to be lit up. This will require a smaller range. So, you won’t have to buy a more expensive product with a wide range.
- Do you have neighbours nearby? You may want to consider how close your neighbours are before buying a very bright light that can go off at any time. If they have windows into their bedrooms that may be impacted, they may be upset.
- How good are you at installing things? If you’re good at setting up new technology or appliances, you won’t have to worry too much. All products will have their instructions listed for you. Though, some struggle to set up lighting. If you aren’t the handiest person out there, you may want to consider buying a solar-powered option or paying to have someone install it for you.
What other home safety products are out there?
If you feel unsafe in your own home, you may want to consider getting a variety of home security products. Outdoor security lights are a great start. And for some, they’re enough to make you feel safe. Though, if you live in an unsafe area or just want to take extra precautions, here are a few more products that you might want to consider.
- Security cameras. You can have cameras set up in any area of your home, whether it’s indoor or outdoor. It’s also become increasingly popular to get security cameras that face your front porch so that you can keep an eye on any package delivery.
- Additional door locks. A regular bolted lock can be broken with enough force or technique. Having a back-up lock in case of emergencies can give you some peace of mind. They make it impossible to tamper with when going at it from the outside. Though, they’re still easy to lock or unlock with the right key or code.
- A personal emergency alarm. Big alarm systems are expensive. Often, even the smallest amount of noise can be enough to deter an intruder. These products are small, handheld buttons that you click, making an alarm noise go off. You can also just use the car alarm button on your car keys if you have one.
- A home alarm system. If you can spare it in your budget, house alarm systems are a great and safe way to protect your family. They require a code to prevent an alarm from going off whenever someone is in the house. They can also pick up movement anywhere in the home, and will set off the alarm if the movement is coming from inappropriate places. Home alarm systems can also be set to call emergency services when needed.
You should never feel unsafe in your space. Buying an outdoor security light is an easy, budget-friendly option that any home can use. So, we hope that you’ve taken the time to think about all of the great reasons to buy one of these products. Get your outdoor security lights today, and feel more safe tomorrow!